BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Sackperson Sergeant Lord-Dreamerz's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,060
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    7 days registered Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Blog Entries

Default Villainous Venture Contest!

Hello viewers! Lets get ready for some fun!

"You see a comical looking bomb drop to the floor. Kaboom! The shadowy mist clears and unveils a wicked poster that reads the following."

Link to the poster for easy full size viewing! https://i.imgur.com/lLPVTud.png
    Spoiler Spoiler - The Epic Poster!

Note: Here below is the pure text version of the contest in case anybody has trouble reading the fancy poster.
    Spoiler Spoiler - Text Only Version!

Lastly here is the straight to the point summary of the contest.
    Spoiler Spoiler - Contest Summary! Text Only Version!

And even a poster version for the contest summary!
    Easy full size viewing link! https://i.imgur.com/Fk4qNCo.png
    Spoiler Spoiler - Contest Summary Poster!
    Last edited by Lord-Dreamerz; 09-20-2017 at 06:10 PM.
    ~Lets go on a fantastic ADVENTURE!~

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Dreamerz View Post
    Rule#8: No player or default sack character as any character in your adventure… I’d sooner stab myself with a holy sword then I would allow that! JUST NO! Give all your main characters real designs! The moment I see a default sack character as the main character is the moment the level is disqualified from the contest! You are allowed to use customized Sackdoll, Toggle, Oddsock, Swoop or crafted/drawn stuff as characters.

You had me until rule 8. I like the idea of the players Sackthing being the main character in stories. Rather than having the level author foist a character upon the player.
    I've wanted to do something fitting your theme for ages, but I always wrote it as the players Sackthing interacting with my own cast.

7 days registered Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ostler5000 View Post
    You had me until rule 8. I like the idea of the players Sackthing being the main character in stories. Rather than having the level author foist a character upon the player.
    I've wanted to do something fitting your theme for ages, but I always wrote it as the players Sackthing interacting with my own cast.
    I'd suggest giving it a shot anyways. It never hurts to try new things! In fact I wanted this contest to make players try stuff outside of their normal comfort zone in LBP.

Personally I never been much into self insert games and prefer to play games such as Ratchet & Clank and Sly Cooper as a example. I like to see the lives/adventures of fictional characters and for myself to have nothing to do with it... It's kinda one of the main focus of this contest.
    Last edited by Lord-Dreamerz; 08-01-2017 at 05:54 AM.

German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,844
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Hahaha, reading your poster has impressed me, you're a fantastic story teller! I can't tell you whether I will participate, maybe first I should unleash the dark side of my personality!

PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Blog Entries

Heya! I added a summary version of the whole contest to the OP.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 277
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Ninja20101

YES and YES! I was actually going to do a project just like this. So what timing.

1 question. Can the PLAYER be the "good guy" and the villian be the one that chases him. However, the player LOSES in the end (as you have said) and the VILLIAN wins.

- - - - - - - - - -

Though I am wary of the 20 minimium contestants. Even the Water Splash SITE contest got only 18 contestants! And that got 4,203 views .

Judging by the views in community contests, the average is about 400-600. Only the big ones, 1000+ and 2000+

What I'm just saying is, that I don't want to put all the time and effort into a contest; if it doesn't even end up happening in the first place............

40+ levels on the Moon...... Only 1 on Earth. Oops.

PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja20101 View Post
    1 question. Can the PLAYER be the "good guy" and the villian be the one that chases him. However, the player LOSES in the end (as you have said) and the VILLIAN wins.

Though I am wary of the 20 minimium contestants. Even the Water Splash SITE contest got only 18 contestants! And that got 4,203 views .

Judging by the views in community contests, the average is about 400-600. Only the big ones, 1000+ and 2000+

What I'm just saying is, that I don't want to put all the time and effort into a contest; if it doesn't even end up happening in the first place............
    The information does cover the fact the Villain main character should be the player controlled character. This was done because the normal results from people often is them wanting to make the main character a hero in stories. Which to me is not people challenging themselves enough to make abnormal main characters...

But tell you what... I'd advise against it, but I'll somewhat allow your suggestion regardless that it goes little against the theme of the contest. Just keep in mind the farther somebody's project goes away from the true intentions of the contest, the worse my opinion will be of the project... Meaning they'll have to work harder in other ways to impress me then normal.

I'm not actually sitting around doing nothing, I'm advertising my contest on twitter and more places soon. Believe me I don't want this contest to flop either. I say don't worry about the outcome of the contest to overly much, and make your level something YOU can take pride in and enjoy yourself. The themes of my contest should be used as inspiration for you more then anything... Similar to how LBPC's first LBP2 contest theme inspired one of my game series I work on PC now.

However I will do my best to see to that this contest happens. A contest with hardly anybody entering it misses the point and isn't very entertaining to me.
    Last edited by Lord-Dreamerz; 08-06-2017 at 10:30 PM.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 277
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    PSN
    Ninja20101

Hmmm, how interesting. I'll have to think about this over a cup of tea.

40+ levels on the Moon...... Only 1 on Earth. Oops.

Sackperson Private koltonaugust's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

I quite like this contest idea and the time frame allowed. Also really enjoy the debate between sack boy or no. I think I ultimately side with the contest creator simply because the sack boy hero /character trope has been done to death in levels. I might enter this one.

Seems pretty interesting. Looking forward to where this is going!

11. Thanks!

PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Blog Entries

Hey-yoOo! I did a basic poster version for the summary of the contest too.

Link. https://i.imgur.com/UEsnljU.png
    Spoiler Spoiler - Contest Summary Poster!

A lot of effort went in to this and it would be a real shame to see it wither away in silence. Having said that, realistically, there is little hope for this contest unless things in it are changed. In general community contests often receives only a couple of entries and there are many reasons for this. Just the idea of having your hard work judged by only one person is a bit discouraging and this is why community contests have few restrictions and only stick to one theme, which your contest does but the restrictions are too many and too nit-picky. The biggest reason to why this will end up in a flop is the 20 minimum entry restriction. I'm not trying to sound negative here but you must realize when you combine all the rules, restrictions and the minimum entry limit the odds of 20 people joining are extremely low. Even the generous price does not outweigh all the negatives. Although I I completely understand the reasoning behind it, I'd recommend you to remove the minimum entry limit and maybe lower the price handout if you're too uncomfortable to give money away. This ensures some safety for the creators, that they will get rewarded for their hard work despite the lack of participants. I hope you don't find this offensive because I only want to see this contest in it's full glory.

14. Thanks!

7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

I agree with the removing of the person entry requirement. I'm still debating if I'm going to create for this contest specifically or not. It really depends on how my level starts turning out. I'm going to probably start creating next week since my schedule just got 18+ more hours every week free.

PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Blog Entries

Yoohoho hoo! OK, ALRIGHT! No need to break all me bones over such a tiny detail! That part of the info is now gone, so check it out! Your welcome!

Bonus time! I added a extra prize to the contest! A rare LBP cap! More prizes is always better am I right my fiends?

Furthermore I totally pushed the final publishing date for all contestants back by 1 month! The final publishing date now is "February 1st 2018.' I thought it was fair considering the new info change and how busy humans can be this time of year... However I won't be changing that again! This is the final deadline date... so live with it yo! ;o)

Also as a good reminder... No more complaining about the rules ya hear me mateys?! I didn’t create this contest just to do another normal contest. I created this contest with something to say… Peps should push over their ordinary limits and do something different from normal in LBP... also for me to run a contest my way ya know? there’s no good reason just to do it like nearly everybody else would… Honestly it disappoints me how very rarely people focus on character and story on LBP… which has always been more of my fave subject in games, which often gets passed up on a lot in this game series… LBP isn’t Mario Maker righto? LBP gives players the tools to do so much more then random obstacle courses and mini-games… LBP3 even tried to give us the tools to make more adventure focused levels. Go big or go home! Just like any true cartoon villain would say... I rather fail then settle for less! Yoho hoo!

BTW I'm not done promoting this contest yet! I still got few tricks up my mysterious spooky sleeves. ;'D
    And good luck folkz!
    Last edited by Lord-Dreamerz; 09-21-2017 at 08:06 AM.

PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

Yay, thanks! Also with that extra prize I'm definitely at least going to try (i already was going to, but it was more dependent on which level i would enter). I'm cool with the date change. sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksackman View Post
    A lot of effort went in to this and it would be a real shame to see it wither away in silence. Having said that, realistically, there is little hope for this contest unless things in it are changed. In general community contests often receives only a couple of entries and there are many reasons for this. Just the idea of having your hard work judged by only one person is a bit discouraging and this is why community contests have few restrictions and only stick to one theme, which your contest does but the restrictions are too many and too nit-picky. The biggest reason to why this will end up in a flop is the 20 minimum entry restriction. I'm not trying to sound negative here but you must realize when you combine all the rules, restrictions and the minimum entry limit the odds of 20 people joining are extremely low. Even the generous price does not outweigh all the negatives. Although I I completely understand the reasoning behind it, I'd recommend you to remove the minimum entry limit and maybe lower the price handout if you're too uncomfortable to give money away. This ensures some safety for the creators, that they will get rewarded for their hard work despite the lack of participants. I hope you don't find this offensive because I only want to see this contest in it's full glory.
    I would actually respectfully disagree. I think this contest is something that is really new. And I agree with Lord-Dreamerz. We do need to start creating contests that are more story and character based. I like the complexity of this contest, and it will prove well for people who really want to test their skills. Also, having several months to finish your level will give people time to really polish their levels and have friends/players test their levels to perfection. I can imagine a really good 20 entries are going to come out by February 1st. Regardless of whether you are the judge or not, I think we are all going to enjoy playing these entries.

I already see some changes! Glad that I could influence you to change some stuff. I am very optimistic about this whole thing and I wish you good fortune in the months to come. If some levels emerged from this I would gladly play them, I look forward to it.

This sounds like a really interesting contest! And I totally agree that story and characters are really lacking from the community. Some nice restrictions / contest boundaries hopefully will result in higher quality entries! Looking forward to seeing what people creator and I really hope there are quite a few entries! Plenty of time to go though. So good luck everyone!

on a side note, the "Evilventure01" tag to signify entry. I would suggest shortening it. As both in game and through lbp.me I have found that the search is still not very good and lengthy search terms tend to just not show results sometimes even if they have the exact typed word /phrase in.

21. Thanks!

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

Well this contest is interesting. My schedule is full though.

LBP3 has enough tools to create a cool adventure with a deep story and cool characters. Actually I am working on something that should be a little bit unique. If it was about a villain and if I was faster creating levels I could actually join.

Good luck for everyone who plans on joining this content.

23. Thanks!