BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21

    Default

    I was wondering about this one

  2. Thanks!


  3. #22
    Sackperson Sergeant Lord-Dreamerz's Avatar
    Points: 42,511, Level: 63
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    7 days registered Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ~Across Nowhere~
    Posts
    4,170
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default

    Alrighty then… So it has come to THIS has it now? Can’t say that I’m not disappointed. I didn’t expect things to turn out this BAD. I am not pleased.

    If you haven’t figured it already! There utterly straight up was not even “1” lone entry for my contest… Not a single soul bothered to make a level in the end. I made sure to thoroughly check everywhere I could just to be sure and there was just flat-out nothing. Whoo just wow! What a waste of my time and effort...

    Yes it’s totally past the final publishing date for the contest now. Obviously extending the end date would not help either… clearly from the absolute lack of discussion for the contest. Which means this is the end of the line… THE CONTEST IS CANCELED! It’s dead.. The door is locked and closed.

    So is this it? Will nothing ever come out of the epic villain contest? For now NOPE! However I will consider “restarting” the contest in the future… I put to much work into it just to throw it away completely. If I do restart it... maybe I’ll change a few things, make some of the rules bit less limiting and simplify things somewhat… perhaps I’ll do FAR better advertising next time, a promo video, weekly inspiration updates, a villain theme level of my own before I start the contest to set a fun example for others. possibly a better prize… Or maybe I’ll re·brand the contest for the game “Dreams” …assuming it becomes popular whatsoever and I actually end up buying a PS4. Who knows honestly! I’ll think about it later on. For now I'll be moving onto other stuff I prefer to focus on.

    Sweet friendly nightmares to you all. And hope for a fun silly evil time in the future!
    ~Lets go on a fantastic ADVENTURE!~

  4. Thanks!


  5. #23

    Default

    I'm very tempted to just say I told you so but it might be seen as offensive, so I will add a bit more. If you read my old post this is exactly what I predicted and I even included the major reasons as to why...

    I personally looked forward to see some levels emerging from this. It's weird how not even "simple" entries where submitted considering the money prize. I wish you the best of luck in reviving this!

    Hopefully another approach will get the entries flooding in.

  6. Thanks!


  7. #24
    Sackperson Sergeant Lord-Dreamerz's Avatar
    Points: 42,511, Level: 63
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    7 days registered Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ~Across Nowhere~
    Posts
    4,170
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blacksackman View Post
    I'm very tempted to just say I told you so but it might be seen as offensive, so I will add a bit more. If you read my old post this is exactly what I predicted and I even included the major reasons as to why...

    I personally looked forward to see some levels emerging from this. It's weird how not even "simple" entries where submitted considering the money prize. I wish you the best of luck in reviving this!

    Hopefully another approach will get the entries flooding in.
    And I was VERY tempted to include on my last post for nobody to blame my contest for having to many rules as the problem. Because that's not what happened I can promise you. But after thinking about It I decided not to say that because I assumed anybody reading would have better attitude then that. Also your old post was mostly whining about the 20 person limit which was removed ages ago anyways. The rest of the rules basically where just there to keep people correctly on theme and not just making whatever the hell they wanted while pretending it was correct with the spirit of the contest. I have ZERO interest in people making something with almost no limit. That is NOT how a cool contest is made. Some real creative content is born from limitations.
    ~Lets go on a fantastic ADVENTURE!~

  8. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Dreamerz View Post
    And I was VERY tempted to include on my last post for nobody to blame my contest for having to many rules as the problem. Because that's not what happened I can promise you. But after thinking about It I decided not to say that because I assumed anybody reading would have better attitude then that. Also your old post was mostly whining about the 20 person limit which was removed ages ago anyways. The rest of the rules basically where just there to keep people correctly on theme and not just making whatever the hell they wanted while pretending it was correct with the spirit of the contest. I have ZERO interest in people making something with almost no limit. That is NOT how a cool contest is made. Some real creative content is born from limitations.
    Well, you definitely sound offended, which I was trying to avoid by kindly expressing myself while getting the main point through. My old post was not "whining" about anything. I was giving you constructive feedback regarding your community contest and sharing my own opinion on it - which is backed by personal experience and logical thinking. You seem to be neglecting the actual reason as to why the contest ended up as it did. It's still mainly because of the nit-picky restrictions and I can go through the major ones so you can get that in your head.

    I will begin by shedding some light on community contests in general so that you can understand why your overly nit-picky restrictions adds to an already bad situation. Community contests only receives a couple of entries in most cases, it's nothing like officially promoted contests and there are many reasons for this. The lack of judges is one reason because with one individual judging, the chances are high that personal interests goes before an overall fair assessment. A team of judges reduces the likelihood of this. You can always say that you judge fairly but that statement is in itself biased if it comes from your own mouth. I speak as a creator when I say that I don't trust one person judging my level among others and I'm pretty sure that others agree, with exceptions. I can write a wall of text with more reasons but I don't have time for that right now so you'll have to settle with that.

    Now on to your restrictions and why they drastically reduce the number ofpotential entries to the point where it becomes crippling for the contest!

    Rule 5: Storytelling is required and not a suggestion. Do not skip out on including a real story in your adventure. Both original stories and fan-fiction are allowed. This is not so bad as it adds flavor to the contest but this shouldn't be a rule, it should be optional and give creators more points if they do decide to add a story.

    Rule 7: Your game needs to at least last 20 minutes. This shouldn’t be hard because your project should have BOTH story AND gameplay to fill the time. Furthermore try to keep the whole game under a hour. It's very unnecessary to add a minimum time limit because it gives the impression that you don't trust the creators to make a level with an acceptable lengtht, so you add this rule to make sure that absolutely no entry is shorter than that. This is no advantage in adding this rule, you let your personal conflicts get ahead of logical thinking.

    Rule 8: Absolutely no player’s default sack character allowed as any character in the adventure. Do your best to make real characters. You are allowed to use customized Sackdoll/Bot, Toggle, Oddsock, Swoop or crafted/drawn stuff as characters. Another badly configured rule because in normal cases only certain characters are excluded but in this case you exclude all characters if they are of default nature.

    Rule 9: Not just any gameplay is acceptable. Try hard to offer a far more unique experience then a generic “run, jump and swing to win!” level that offers nothing else. Also don’t do any of the following, a walking simulator/art gallery, first person view, move-controller or fully automated game. Aim to make your project closer to a real adventure game. Really make the player feel they are playing a wacky villain character. Too high expectations, especially for community contest entries. This shouldn't even be a rule.

    Rule 10: The villain main character must be allowed to win and must not be turned into a hero by the end of the story. As a reminder this is not a hero contest. However as exceptions you are allowed to write a hero who turns into a villain, and the villain main character is also allowed lose, but only as a alternate ending. Another stupid rule, why not let creators decide all this by themselves. The contest can still be about villains but at least let the creators decide the fate of the villain. Ignoring the alternate ending option - which in most cases take a lot of time and effort to implement, this rule really affects how a person can write a story, it's just becomes a story on fixed rails.

    An official contest can get away with some of these rules but for a community contest, it's extremely exaggerated! There are people who won't bother to even read all these overly nit-picky and long rules, Your have a complete warped and enclosed vision of how a contest should look like. Try again and do it correctly next time. I'm not here to bash you, I'm only helping you but you don't seem to appreciate nor understand that. Perhaps the root of the problem is your own attitude, change that to start with.

  9. #26
    Sackperson Sergeant Lord-Dreamerz's Avatar
    Points: 42,511, Level: 63
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    7 days registered Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ~Across Nowhere~
    Posts
    4,170
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default

    Holy mew! Are we serious right now? Hohoo! You know for somebody who says they are not trying to offend me you sure are being super rude and full of yourself as all hell ya know? Honestly this is absurd. I’m not going to bother entertaining this rotten attitude of yours with a friendly post. You want to act like you are better then me? Then you get what's coming to you. One should not screw with Lord Dreamerz!

    Quote Originally Posted by blacksackman View Post
    You seem to be neglecting the actual reason as to why the contest ended up as it did. It's still mainly because of the nit-picky restrictions and I can go through the major ones so you can get that in your head.
    Oh I see that you know fully what transpired and all the reasons of what actually happened about why people did not enter the contest without actually having talked to everybody who know my contest... and just for your past experiences alone too! Oh all seeing wise mage with all the facts unknown to everybody but you, please enlighten us buffoons with your ultimate knowledge!

    Extreme sarcasm aside. Could you possibility be anymore self-righteous? All I am mainly seeing across your whole wall of text post is you screaming at me about how right you “think” you are, and how wrong you want to “believe” I am. What rubbish.

    Quote Originally Posted by blacksackman View Post
    The lack of judges is one reason because with one individual judging, the chances are high that personal interests goes before an overall fair assessment. A team of judges reduces the likelihood of this. You can always say that you judge fairly but that statement is in itself biased if it comes from your own mouth. I speak as a creator when I say that I don't trust one person judging my level among others and I'm pretty sure that others agree, with exceptions. I can write a wall of text with more reasons but I don't have time for that right now so you'll have to settle with that.
    I don’t give a hoot if people think I’ll judge fairly or not. Opinions are all bias no matter how many judges there are. If that scares some people away... then boohoo! Who cares. This is a bad guy contest anyways! Keeps it more in character to have only 1 judge.

    Quote Originally Posted by blacksackman View Post
    This is not so bad as it adds flavor to the contest but this shouldn't be a rule, it should be optional and give creators more points if they do decide to add a story.
    What are you smoking? The concept is a “Story” based adventure contest. If I allow people to not include story then it defeats 1 of the main parts of the contest. I don’t want levels with no story! And people should be challenged to do stories more. I get a feeling you don't remotely understand my contest.

    Quote Originally Posted by blacksackman View Post
    It's very unnecessary to add a minimum time limit because it gives the impression that you don't trust the creators to make a level with an acceptable lengtht, so you add this rule to make sure that absolutely no entry is shorter than that. This is no advantage in adding this rule, you let your personal conflicts get ahead of logical thinking.
    The 20 min level length wasn’t absolutely needed I’ll give you that. But it’s not a hard thing for people to actually do especially when given half a year to achieve this. Might change my mind on it next time.

    Quote Originally Posted by blacksackman View Post
    Another badly configured rule because in normal cases only certain characters are excluded but in this case you exclude all characters if they are of default nature.
    You gotta be joking with me right now. Even if I wanted to cut my rules down by half… no! even if I limited myself to 3 rules I would NEVER remove this rule! People can take their "not a real character" AKA default sack character fetish and keep it to themselves! I'm not going to promote more self-insert soulless generic waste of space.

    As a note: I will however admit I could have worded and simplified the contents of that rule better. Something I’ll keep in mind for next time.

    Quote Originally Posted by blacksackman View Post
    Too high expectations, especially for community contest entries. This shouldn't even be a rule.
    Are you a garbage enabler? I’m pretty sure you are a garbage enabler. Sorry but I expect better from people, unlike you.

    Quote Originally Posted by blacksackman View Post
    Another stupid rule, why not let creators decide all this by themselves. The contest can still be about villains but at least let the creators decide the fate of the villain. Ignoring the alternate ending option - which in most cases take a lot of time and effort to implement, this rule really affects how a person can write a story, it's just becomes a story on fixed rails.
    Oh ho stupid is it?! Yeah I clearly will believe and follow your opinions now. Oops excuse me!… I said before that was going to be the end of my sarcasm. Hohoo!

    Quote Originally Posted by blacksackman View Post
    An official contest can get away with some of these rules but for a community contest, it's extremely exaggerated! There are people who won't bother to even read all these overly nit-picky and long rules, Your have a complete warped and enclosed vision of how a contest should look like. Try again and do it correctly next time. I'm not here to bash you, I'm only helping you but you don't seem to appreciate nor understand that. Perhaps the root of the problem is your own attitude, change that to start with.
    Lets be honestly here. You are not trying to really help anybody anymore. You are now just complaining for the sake of it. NOTHING you been saying today comes across as nice or concerned about my contest and it‘s concepts. All you want is to tear down the mass of my ideas and turn something I made with love from my little black heart into another generic soulless piece of hogwash. Sorry babe I’m not biting into your BS.

    Final notes. Nobody tells me what to do or how to think. If I take somebody’s suggestion out of the kindness of my heart then that’s my choice to do. If I want to change my rules to be less limiting, then that will be “my” choice. Not something you or ANYBODY are entitled too. I would always prefer to go down with my ship AKA my ideas and ideals then bend-over backwards to the demand of whiny brats like a coward and sell my soul.

    Seriously get over it. Unless you have a change of heart later and start to actually care about what I think and my ideas. Otherwise buzz off from my stuff. You are not welcomed here if you plan on to keep throwing a tantrum. And no, do not reply farther. Unless making yourself into ironically a villain here is your big goal in life.
    Last edited by Lord-Dreamerz; 02-02-2018 at 11:15 PM.
    ~Lets go on a fantastic ADVENTURE!~

  10. #27
    LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Points: 95,819, Level: 96
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,231
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    17,933
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Time out please. Take it to PM's please.
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •