BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Question I need a little help on something!

I'm thinking of making a kind of Lemmings style puzzle game, with a few twists of my own on it, and I need a little help with the Sackbots. You see, I need to get them to just walk STRAIGHT forward, and whenever they hit a wall, they turn. They also must be "brought to life" if you will, by the input of a button or switch. If I have any more queries on the matter I'll just post em back here.

Thanks for your time!

2. Thanks!

German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Hi cottonkoopa144,

programming the behavior of sackbots is not too complicated if its behavior is not too complicated! I could help you, if you can describe exactly, what the sackbots should do! Should his activation have a time limit or not! How should he be activated! And so on!I could do a microchip with his behavior and send it to you! Are you playing on PS3 or on PS4! And to send you such a chip we must be friends on PSN! I will send you a friend request next time, when I'm online again!

Many greetings, Jürgen^^

Ok, So I want the Sackbots to be activated by a button. You hit the big red button, and kaboom, the Sackbots start pouring out of the doors, though all you need to worry about is, hit button, Sackbots start moving. The bots will start moving left. They cannot jump. They cannot change direction unless they make contact with a wall, where they will change direction and continue moving straight forward with no stray from said path. Certain coloured Sackbots will be able to do special things, like if a Green Sackbot walks on to a Green floor, he will stand still and jump up really high, or a Blue Sackbot can hit switches on walls, but thats mainly just some simple tag stuff. His activation shall have no time limit, though whenever they reach their destination, a door should open. My idea is to get the Sackbots to the end, then the door to the next area opens, so if they'res a little trick for that, it would be cool if you told me I'm playing on PS4, and my PSN name is Revorecko.

Thanks!

5. Thanks!

Sackperson Private koltonaugust's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

You can put logic on each of the sack bots that has two directions one left, one right. Have a selector output to these two directions. Put a tag on the walls that interacts with an impact sensor searching for this tag on the sack bots that is hooked up to the selector cycle option. As for the actual walking you can use movers with animations or controlinators with direction splitters

7. Thanks!

7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

Yeah, that was my thought as well. A selector, which gets activated after hitting the wall chooses left or right. The button itself is easy. Simply use a tag that activates a tag sensor on the sackbots. That activates the microchip with the different directions.

9. Thanks!

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Which version of LBP are we discussing? This really should be moved to the appropriate Help Section.
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

11. Thanks!

7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

He says he plays on PS4 - LBP3.

Even if he was playing LBP2 the solution would work.

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Moving to LBP3 Help.
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

14. Thanks!