BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Default Different Starting Positions for Versus Level

Iím trying to fix one of my versus levels by having each sackboy begin in a specific, different location, which drops them immediately into a controlinator. In cooperative levels, Iíve done this by putting a player sensor at the start and linking it to a checkpoint. This detects P1 immediately upon entry and P2 starts at the checkpoint without ever having appeared at the level entrance. I can continue this for P3 and P4 by having a player sensor at P2ís checkpoint activate P3ís checkpoint, and so forth in a chain.

However, this does NOT work if the level type is set to versus, Iím guessing because players ďenterĒ the level all at once rather than a split second apart. Iíve temporarily fixed this by setting the level type to cooperative even though it is a versus level. Does anyone know how to have the players start in four separate locations properly in a versus level?

2. Thanks!

Nope! It's Chuck Testa Gilgamesh's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,108
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Jirugameshi
    Blog Entries

I haven't touched LBP2 in ages, but I had done something similar with controlinators. The trick was to set the controlinators to maximum range and auto-enter, so it pulls the players into each one separately as soon as they spawn in the level.

Hope that helps.

Lint
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 812
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 3 months registered 1 year registered 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    IrishGuyJay

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    I haven't touched LBP2 in ages, but I had done something similar with controlinators. The trick was to set the controlinators to maximum range and auto-enter, so it pulls the players into each one separately as soon as they spawn in the level.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks. Assuming there are four overlapping controlinator signals that cover the entrance, do you know how the game prioritizes which player goes where? I'd prefer that P1 always go to an assigned spot, as does P2, etc. Right now I took out the entrance and placed four infinite checkpoints, so each player enters right next to a different controlinator. They each enter via a different checkpoint, which is good, but the problem is it's random which player enters where.

5. Thanks!

You can use the active output in the middle and eject inputs on bottom of the controllinators combined with a NOT gate, when first is active (one player is in controllinator) it deactivates the eject of second controllinator and so on...
    Last edited by Hanfi1311; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:14 PM.

LBP-HUB.com: LittleBigPlanet news, statistics, signatures, music, wiki and more...

7. Thanks!

Sackperson Private koltonaugust's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 937
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

I know that checkpoints have different "teams" set to them, but I don't know how they work. Player 1 always enters first (I believe), the rest are connection based. If you want specific starting locations, you would have to make a player select screen unfortunately (it's at least the most consistent).

9. Thanks!