BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Just a little tip I want to share: If you want the video to show up here on LBPC, use the link with 'watch' in it. Then it shows up as a video.

Neat levels, thx for sharing!

2. Thanks!

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Tuesday Takeaway! Slightly late edition.

Velociraptior City - blitzenbucatti67
    Ahhh....i mean, what can you say about a level like this one? It's...i mean, the set up is kind of neat, but you'll probably spend more time loading than you will "playing." It's not a garbage level, i certainly wouldn't go that far, but...like, it's not particularly good, either?

Yellowhead LBP Level Remake - Claptrap9
    i'd wanted to get into a bit about Claptrap when we were doing this one, but we didn't have the time. On account of the level being really short. It's neat enough, i guess, but like Velociraptor City, there's very little meat on the bones here. Considering what they were working with, it might have been a better idea to continue the level past what the demo showed us. Also, like we mentioned in the video, a flat camera would have helped sell things a bit more.

KITCHEN RIDE - scalapp007
    There's no ride here. Nary a one. Kitchen Stroll, or perhaps Kitchen Light Jog would have been a better title, perhaps? But would you play a level called Kitchen Light Jog? Maybe not. It's a cool level here, definitely over-stuffed as far as prizes, but there's not too much to complain about here. i suppose it could be a little more gameplay heavy, you're not really doing an awful lot...but i'm not sure that's entirely the point of the level, so...enjoy the scenery, really. It's definitely worth a play though.

Egress - v0rtex2002
    i couldn't gush enough about this level during the outro. In fact, the outro we saw was actually the second recording, because i got so wrapped up that i let the screen saver come up again. i hate that screen saver, i really do. The music is solid on throughout the level. Presentation stays solid. There are a lot of mechanical elements that work out. The secrets are actually a bit tough to pick up, even with them being obviously marked out. There's a spot where you can see the creator's picture, which was kind of neat (and not so in your face as to be disconcerting). Knowing where everything was, and not going for points or secrets, i was able to get through this one in about 16minutes, so if time is an issue for you, you might want to hold of a bit. However, you should definitely give this one a look; it's just not right it's only got a couple hundred plays.

Patchwork Office - mascottag
    Yeah, yeah, this one picked up the LotD; and honestly? Congrats. Actual and genuine. Patchwork Office is a perfect little encapsulation of what makes LBP work. It's got a nice look to it, the gameplay carries you along at a relatively decent clip. It doesn't overstay its welcome; and it introduces a few things which, while not novel exactly, set it apart a bit from other levels. If you wanted to point out to someone outside the community what LBP can be, i think you'd be hard pressed to find a better level.

So, that's the that. Even the weaker levels are, at least short. Hopefully there was something in the mix that caught your fancy and you could have a good time with. As always, thank you all for the support, and i hope you have a great day!

Behind the Curtains Stuffs
    So...

This might be a little TMI-y, and if you want to nope out, by all means do so and i won't think any worse of you for it. Also, there's going to be most nothing about the series or LBsP or whatever, this is just stuff i've been kicking around talking about for awhile, and yesterday's (mostly overblown, but still pretty scary at the time) earthquake provided a really clear example of what i'm getting at, personally at least.

So... right.

i've got about zero self-worth. Like, i've had people tell me i can come off at first as this really full-of-themelves jag, and it kind of floors me, because i'm getting to it from the completely opposite direction. It's easy to come off as stand-offish when your base assumption is you've got nothing you could possibly contribute (and yes, i understand the irony there, considering the primary purpose of my LBP series. Accept that people are weird and complex).

So, the earthquake happened yesterday. And it was scary, and things jumped around a lot for a short period of time, and then it was done. Since the main of it was further north, i ended up with nothing broken, and the people around me pretty quickly started to go on with their days. Hell there were Moms and kids in the park outside my window.

It literally, and i do mean literally, not figuratively, never entered my mind that someone might be concerned about my safety. i mean, really? Why?

This despite the fact that the quake was, on paper, not that much weaker than the one that screwed the holy hell out of Tohoku; and the fact that the news amplifies the heck out of everything.

So, i never thought to check my phone until way after.

At which point i noticed that my ex had tried to get in touch with me 14times just by phone, and had sent a set of increasingly worried and/or angry mails.

'cause she cared, and she was worried that i might not be ok.

The briefest hint of the possibility of the inkling that that might be the case...my brainmeats hadn't considered considering.

Look, what i'm getting at is...this is not a cry for help or a pity poor me type of thing. What i'm getting at is, low self-worth is an issue, it's a problem. It can be actively dangerous to yourself (because, why not do something you know is stupid and/or potentially harmful...it'S not like the results will matter all that much), but it can, more importantly in my mind, also be pretty toxic to the people around you, the people you may care about. Because, how could your actions or situation concern or hurt others, since you've got no particular weight or value?

Basically, this is a crap way to live. It's not fun. It's a good way to miss a lot of opportunities that life will send your way just out of random chance. It's a really good way to make decisions that will really screw you up, maybe not today or tomorrow, but that will sit there like landmines for you years down the road. It's an excellent way to alienate and push away people that care about you and honestly want to help.

So...

Look, i'm fine, mostly, -ish, but i'm, slowly and way too late, working my way through this stuff.

But i want you to know.

Yes, you.

You have worth and value, and you have people who care about you and want the best for you. i care, i want the best for you, whoever you are.

Thank you all for everything. Honest to Entropy, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

(Also, honestly, and also ironically perhaps, don't worry. i'm not going anywhere)

4. Thanks!

7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    waffle_king23

Wait...what? It's Friday? When did that happen? Err...anyway, coming back for another round!

Episode 029 - Xerotic

This week we're having a look at:

Mushroom Forest - Eadic
    City platformer 1.0 - m_g_g_j
    fete - foujumper
    MatterC (Hard) - ColinMacQ
    Overcast in the Gardens - Mr_Brains999

It's a decent enough set this go. Mushroom Forest picked up a ton of heat after recording, but that's cool. Hopefully you'll find something in there you can have a good time with. Thanks as always for all the support and feedback! Have a great day, now!

So, is lbpcentral.com down or something? The address just brings up something completely different for me right at the moment.

We've wrapped Manny's arc here (or at least this stage of his arc), and got to tie up a loose thread with Lucretia, so that was nice. Weird thing with the hub this go...for some reason the clock isn't keeping time correctly. This has come up before (and in fact will come up in episode 030 as well). i don't know what's going on with it, but something's slowing down the timer it looks like.
    This episode was supposed to be called Yig, because i forgot last week's was the 2nd "y" episode. It's a bit of a shame, this is one of the few times when the title and title card matched up. But you can get the story of it here (hopefully this cues to the right bit of the video, though the whole album deserves a listen):
    Yig Snake Daddy
    [Edit to Add]That's weird...it loads the song after Yig Snake Daddy. It should start at 12:23[/EtA]

We're done with episode 030 except for the PiPs, and i'm going to start working those up once i finish typing this up. i've done a lot of ancillary recording for this one, because i'm going to be working some of the extra footage into the LBsP. i'm not sure if that's going to go up today or not, it'll need more editing than most do, and i really want to keep myself out of the house most of today; the weather's looking nice, but it's rainy season, so that won't last.

Except...i think i need to record a bunch of Jside Isaac, don't i? Bugger.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ossu! Yeah, it's that time for the Tuesday Takeaway!

Mushroom Forest - Eadic
    Other than finding a place you can drop out the level, there's not too much different with the play experience here. It's a shockingly good first level, and that's no lie. Very Ninpean in some respects. The music is good, hand-made, and slightly too loud as these tracks tend to be. The arrows continue to be persistent longer than necessary, which makes that cloud section more difficult than it needs to be, but aside from that it's solid on, and short enough to slot into most any session. There was one thing added, unfortunately, though. There's now a forced level link to one of Squid2723's levels. Marsh something or other. It's a fine enough level, but i hate being forced into something unexpectedly, especially when i'm on the clock, so to speak.

City Platformer 1.0 - m_g_g_j
    Again, nothing particularly different here. That checkpoint really needs to have a better trigger to it, because it's super easy to miss. Also, something i didn't notice in our episode play-throughs, but you can use the gun to shoot those plasma launchers, so that's cool. Also, you can skip a whole climbing section by jumping to the right, so there's that. It's a fine enough level, certainly you couldn't call it great, but worth at least the one play.

fete - foujumper
    This exists. To the extent that anything purely on-line with no physical component can be said to exist. Just...it's really, really not for me.

Matter C (Hard) - ColinMacQ
    i still think once you get the gimmick this one drops to a hard, but fun level. For Entropy's sake, though, that gimmick can take an awful long time to click. Dealing with the early force bubble, where you have to use them to progress, is a bit of a pain. It felt a little too tough to determine just what direction, and with what velocity, they were going to throw you. On the other hand, the boost boots bit, that was great. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Overcast in the Gardens - Mr_Brains999
    This one could be massively improved with just a little better communication with the player, i think. The feel of the level, that kind of overcast, drizzly day, is nailed down pretty well; and i liked the semi-unique spin on the Gardens' material palette (usually it's used more to build an environment, than as a straight NES-style platformer, and that was kind of cool). On the other hand, like we said in the video, it's just too easy to forget that some materials are gameplay elements; and not differentiating between static wall-jump materials and throw-you-up wall jump materials was a poor choice in my opinion.

So that was the that. Hope you found something fun in the lot. As always, thanks for the support, and have a great day!

We got all the levels recorded for episode 031, which is great, but we've kind of stopped there for the moment.

The last few days, all i've wanted to do has been to play Isaac. Since i needed to rebuild my backlog, that's not the worst thing in the world. On the other hand, i should probably get at least an episode of LBsP out the door. Tomorrow, perhaps.

If you've been jumping in the streams (thanks SirMonacle! thanks Paczek321!), you'll know that we'e going to run one more episode (for now) of Isaac on Thursday, then Friday and Saturday will be Enter the Gungeon. i make exactly zero promise on how well those will go, and it may be just a series of frustrating deaths, that will hopefully make for fun commentary at least. From Sunday we'll be looking at Gravity Rush 2 (with maybe a side step every now and then to another "one-shot" style game). i don't know how that's going to turn out, i've never recorded or streamed a long-form game before. It may be really cool...or it may be god awful. But, if you'd like to jump in and say hi, we'd love to have you!

6. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Good morning all! We've swung 'round again for another round again.

Episode 030 - Whicker

My Obiamb Party - baibarsabuobeid
    .ayDreamer:. - killervampire7
    Welcome To Wood Town! - DaisyPsyche
    City Stroll - megasladon3
    Candy Land - minkwe

A fun enough set of levels this week, nothing that stands out as a real clunker...i think. Anyway, hopefully you'll find something in there you can have fun with. Thanks as always and have a great day!

Not too much to talk about really. We should have an episode of LBsP coming out today. It may already be up by the time you read this, since it's 6in the morning now. That's about it, i guess.

- - - - - - - - - -

Ossu! Finally getting out a quick one for y'all to nibble on!

Episode 067 - The Well

This go about we're taking a look at The Well by TheAliklumKnight. i'd been wanting to take another look at their work since we looked at The Township of Malgamor way back in episode 026 of the first season of R15F. The too long didn't watch here is that this is a much more accessible level as far as gameplay...though you may find yourself a touch lost with regards to the story. Still it's pretty neat, and well-worth at least a once over. Thanks as always for all the support, and have a great day!

This was supposed to be the how-to/R15F production time episode, and it was supposed to come out yesterday. Then i decided maybe it wouldn't be so good to have an episode full of spoilers for something i hadn't put up yet. So i decided to start putting this together...but before i could wrap it, i fell asleep early. So...yeah, i could've done the episode i'd had in mind anyway.

8. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Time for another Tuesday Takeaway!

My Obiamb Party - baibarsabuobeid
    Those checkpoints...someday, some sea change will occur, and creators will realize you have to make your checkpoints easily triggerable. This was not that day, but it could be tomorrow, i suppose. Disabling air control on the layer launchers would probably have been a good idea as well, but everyone forgets that one. Really, the bones of a pretty decent level are here, but like we said in the video, it could use a fair amount of expansion, and an awful lot of polish.

.: DayDreamer:. - killervampire7
    i'd really wanted to go into a bit about vampires when i was playing this one, and then i got distracted. Did you know that they're printing Vampire: the Eternal Struggle again? Man...that was such a great card game. i usually ran malks/!malks, and i didn't win very often, but when i did, it was fabulous. Oh, wait, we're talking about the level, aren't we? Right. Umm...i mean, it's not bad. It certainly accomplishes what it sets out to accomplish, but it just feels...kind of samey? i feel like i've seen this material/deco set dozens of times before, most often in the LBP2 era...maybe that's just a false memory, it's kind of hard to tell. i found the break point really easily this go around, which amused the heck out of me, that you can skip a pretty big chunk of the level. i don't really feel like that was intentional.

Welcome to Wood Town! - DaisyPsyche
    Did you know Psyche! was a Celerity-based VtES card that would give you a press at inferior, and an automatic new combat at superior? i'D forgotten myself...i generally didn't run combat-heavy decks, and i don't think i ever tried a Celerity-focused one...oh, right, got off topic again. Ahh...DaisyPsyche is 8yrs old. Or at least they were 8 whenever they put together their creator profile. That's pretty cool, actually. i mean, the level is short as all get out, but it's completely coherent, and actually has some fitting gameplay. i'd probably have given this one a bit of a higher score if i'd noticed before the gradings. i usually heart players whose levels stand out to me...but an (almost) 40yr old guy hearting an 8yr old...i mean, it's not really a good look, is it?

City Stroll - megasladon
    The forced level links are still here, and i so wish they weren't. i'd love to give this one an unalloyed recommendation, because i really like the style of it. Also, since it's relatively short, it's not really going to eat up much of your day. Man, though, i really don't like being crammed into a new level, let alone four, once i finish something. Tossing a bunch of unavoidable prizes on the player at the end...i mean...that's just kind of rude.

Candy Land - minkwe
    minkwe didn't seem all that enthusiastic about the level in the select page, and i really don't get that. i mean, if you're not at least a little happy with it, why publish? This is another, "well, it is a level, you can definitely say that"-type. i honestly think with some polish you could gin it up into something actually pretty good. Those cameras need to be hella-tweaked, though. Lot's of slabby environments, too...which is a bit of a turn off.

So, that's the that for this week. Nothing downright terrible, but i wouldn't call it the best set we've ever looked at. Still, hopefully you found something in there that was fun enough. Thanks, as always for all the feedback and support, and have a great day!

We tried to record this week's LBsP yesterday, and completely botched it at around the 15minute point...we're going to have to think about how we want to present this one i think.

Did the Gravity Rush 2 stream on Sunday, and that was actually a lot of fun. Thanks SirMonacle and Paczek321 for showing up and helping out, and generally putting up with my flailing about. We had a diehard GR2 player show up toward the end, and that was pretty cool too, though my brainmeats were getting a touch drifty by that point.

Did you know Edmund McMillen is putting out a Binding of Isaac (non-collectable, i think) cardgame? Well, now you do. He's running it through KickStarter, so give it a look. And if it looks like something up your alley, give it some love.

10. Thanks!

German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 704
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Hi waffle_king23,

I'm a total admirer of your review series and the quality of your reviews! Thanks you so much for this great work!
    Many greetings, Jürgen^^

PSN
    waffle_king23

Thanks so much, Jurgen! i really appreciate the support.

Ossu! Friday's shambled back our way and dropped off another episode, so...let's go?

Episode 031 - Vulpine

The hive - dom_bhoy_13
    Tahk Jungle II - knowntokill
    Metal Mansion - light_bulb_lunch
    Platformin' through the jungle - PikaPlayer-25362
    The Tircky Tower - Gordon6Fam

It's an odd mix...which i guess makes it statistically normal for the show, now that i think of it. i knew Tahk Jungle II was going to get snapped up, it was inevitable, but we got to it early enough i figured we could indulge a little. Hopefully you'll find something that catches your eye and looks fun (i would nudge you toward The Hive, it's a weird bit of kit). Thanks as always for the feedback and support, and i hope you have a great day!

It is raining like something that rains quite heavily. Has been since Wednesday night. Just all, full on, real-deal-Hollyfield-rainy-season rain. Except, except when i was streaming yesterday. It stopped raining for that hour and a half. i'm only slightly miffed, over here.

Unexpectedly got to a friend's birthday after work Wednesday. Unexpectedly on account of i've not seen folks with regularity for...well, too long really. Thankfully a mutual mentioned it on Twitter, so...i guess Twitter's good for something, sometimes at least. i don't have a lot of evidence, but my current working theory is weirdos (myself included) either don't age at all, or they age terribly, there's no real middle ground. Had a great time, though.

We're behind schedule on production, but the last LBsP was part of the bottleneck, so now that we got that out, things should smooth out some.

13. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Kinda sorta late Tuesday Takeaway, but it's on Tuesday at least!

The Hive - dom_bhoy_13
    Kludgy, klunky, semi-easily broken, but i still found myself having a really good time with this one. i think it's that they're clearly trying to make a functional level, and try some new things, and they don't exactly fail at it. i like the enthusiasm there. Looking at their lbp.me profile, dom_bhoy_13 is a pretty prolific creator with 16levels published within the last 10months. i'd kind of like to take a stroll through their other work and see if there's a progression in skill going on. Who knows, if they keep at it, and the game's lifespan gives them enough time, we could have another great creator on our hands here. Or not, i mean, statistically probably not; but if optimism and pessimism are equally valid responses, i see no reason not to be positive about it.

Tahk Jungle II - knowntokill
    Can't really think of anything to say that we didn't already, to be honest. If i didn't know much about LBP, and you'd told me this was a Story Mode or DLC level, i wouldn't even bat an eye; it's just that well put together. Something i did notice today, though, is it seems to be a bit of a victim of its own success. The first time i played (pre-LotD pick) there was very little slow-down or stoppage, but today it was just getting hammered, and i ended up pausing it and taking a bit of a walk until everything got loaded in and i could play as normal. Then again, when i played for PiPs, that was post-LotD, and i don't remember too much loading then...maybe this is a bad internet day on my end?

Metal Mansion - light_bulb_lunch
    At least i like the creator's name, so there's that. When i was in uni, i thought The Jim Rose Circus were the bee's knees; haven't followed them in years, so i don't know where they're at now (i'm a bit afraid to check, any number of folks i thought were cool, ended up getting a bit twisted as time went on, or maybe they always were, and i just didn't know at the time...looking at you Maynard). Anyway, i mean, what can i say about the level? Not a lot, unfortunately. Though...thinking about it, i wonder if i missed something. Some of the scores were pretty solidly over mine, and i don't think i missed any point bubbles. The reviews were pretty positive too...i wonder if there was some secret area that i ended up overlooking. That would actually be pretty funny, if you ask me.

Platformin' through the jungle - PikaPlayer-25362
    i thought this one was better than Pika did, i have the feeling. The level select page slags it off as "another bland platformer," and i don't think it was really that. The environmental design, though at times a bit blocky, showed a fair amount of creativity, particularly with the statuary. Also, going though the tiki(?) head in the middle was kind of cool. Also, also, a Mega Man-esque appearing-block puzzle that was actually reasonable in its timing (well, maybe a little too generous, but i'd rather that, than way too tight). Sure it could be polished a bit, there are a few areas where there's a little too much horizontal running, but still, this one's definitely worth at least a play.

The Tricky Tower - Gordon6Fan
    This one's like the spiritual evil twin to The Hive. It's a haphazard level, with a lot of simple mistakes in design (more than a few places to drop out here), and a not-very-great visual presentation. But where The Hive makes up for it with weird charm and a few novel ideas, The Tricky Tower slathers on a thick coat of frustration and calls it a day. i'd have a hard time recommending this to folks except as an object lesson in how to not make a fun level.

So, that's the that. Definitely a mixed bag this go, but i think there are some good ones for play there, and hopefully you found something as well. Thanks for all the support and feedback, and i hope you have a great day!

We've got episode 032 wrapped but for the PiPs, so slowly crawling out of our production hole. Got some of episode 033 together, but Tuesday's always a busy morning, so we're going to have to put the hours in tomorrow and on the weekend; still, i think we'll be able to have it sorted by Friday night, which gets us mostly back to where we need to be. Also building the Isaac backlog back up, but that'S pretty close now. i love doing the Streams, and i have no plan of discontinuing them; but by the same token, they do take up about 6or so hours of available weekly production time (6 hours? Four streams, about an hour and a half each...yeah, the math works out).

So our morning schedule has been coffee with NorthernLion for about the past two years now. i was watching an Isaac episode i'd missed last night, and maybe it was just because i was tired and in a bad mood; but something he was going on about really rubbed me the wrong way. So i decided to take a couple week break, 'cause i know he tends to get in stretches where he goes over the same bits, and i don't want to get to the point to where i can't listen to him at all anymore. Anyway...this morning was really, really weird feeling, not sitting down with NL.

i've got a fairly long vacation coming up in August. i'm thinking of taking a set back from production for it, just to reset my brain a bit. Maybe get out of town. i haven't been to Tokyo in about 12years, maybe? Though going to Tokyo in mid-August...i'm not so sure about that. Still, i'm going to have to buckle down and get maybe a 2week backlog in everything maybe a little more. It's something i'll need to do a little thinking on.

15. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Firday's come around again, so here we are for another go!

Episode 032 - Unmask

This time about we're having a look at:

Switch - SlurmMacKenzie
    Deadly Dungeon - kavonte1226
    Monstrum Swamp - gigiomd
    Space grappling - SkrewAttk318
    Dungeon Day 2: Moonlight City - Benj21000

Switch...Switch...Switch...wasn't expecting it to get picked up so quickly, so you probably all already know about that. Still, it's a good 'un. It's actually a pretty good set-list all around this week. Some of the levels could use a little work and polish, but there still should be something fun in there for you to play. Thanks as always for the feedback and support, and have a great day!

Err...did you know you can scroll out on the map in Gravity Rush 2? i mean, i think i did know that, i just never thought there'd be sidequests or stuff hanging out in some of the other areas. Whoops. And we were doing so well keeping everything nice and tidy too.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5