BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21

    Default

    Good episode, thanks for having another level I made in your series and one I helped create as well. Moth Garden was a remake of an older level that I wanted to work better in multiplayer, made in about one day. I can definitely see people finding the text in the level being overly quirky or bizarre.

    Regarding Robots_Shadows I met him through the dive-in feature and he showed me a level he was working on that looked good so I decided to help him with it. Hopefully he'll learn a few things from me and show them to someone else.
    Last edited by MofoSuperVillain; 3 Days Ago at 02:13 PM.


  2. #22
    Junior Sackperson waffleking23's Avatar
    Points: 23,636, Level: 47
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 914
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    waffle_king23
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not so far from Osaka Castle
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MofoSuperVillain View Post
    Good episode, thanks for having another level I made in your series and one I helped create as well. Moth Garden was a remake of an older level that I wanted to work better in multiplayer, made in about one day. I can definitely see people finding the text in the level being overly quirky or bizarre.

    Regarding Robots_Shadows I met him through the dive-in feature and he showed me a level he was working on that looked good so I decided to help him with it. Hopefully he'll learn a few things from me and show them to someone else.
    Oh ho, you're VilletteVillain? i'd no idea. Sneaky, sneaky. Still it was a well put-together level, and i enjoyed the play (though, if i'd have known, i'd probably done it on LBsP). It's been fairly rare for me to find a really good grappling hook level.
    i knew about the collaboration with Robots_Shadows, they're pretty up front about it on the level select page.

  3. Thanks!


  4. #23

    Default

    I'm not trying to be sneaky, I just make too many levels for one account.


  5. #24
    Junior Sackperson waffleking23's Avatar
    Points: 23,636, Level: 47
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 914
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    waffle_king23
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not so far from Osaka Castle
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MofoSuperVillain View Post
    I'm not trying to be sneaky, I just make too many levels for one account.
    No; no, worries there. You're prolific creating (which is great!), i can see how your moon would get filled up. Sorry if i came off accusing, it's really no issue.

  6. Thanks!


  7. #25
    Junior Sackperson waffleking23's Avatar
    Points: 23,636, Level: 47
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 914
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    waffle_king23
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not so far from Osaka Castle
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Good Morning! Tuesday Takeaway time here!

    Anpanman: Baikin Castle - iwi-iwi
    Meeeeeh... sometimes it's hard reviewing levels like these. Just from my own (limited) experience level building, i know how much work and effort can go into something, at first blush, looks really simple. i can respect the effort folks put into these things. But then...the end result. This one's blocky and cludgy. It's got some pace to it, but really not all that much. The enemies are only barely just, and the boss fight. Well, yeah. i can't pretend it's a good one, here; but i don't want to rag on it too hard, if you can dig it?

    Moth Garden - VilletteVillain/MofoSuperVillain
    i honestly had no idea VV was actually MSV, though in retrospect, i should have noticed some of MSV's hallmarks. It's still an excellent level, and i think a very solid example of good design for the Grappling Hook. A lot of Hook levels, even when the level is mostly designed around its use, it just feels like it's there. There've only been a few i can think of off-hand where the Hook actually felt necessary, and that it added to the level (really, Superk96's Dr Monday's Nemisis from S1 - Episode 004 and EVERGREEN GRAPPLE by CB7thSun in S1 - Episode 019 are the only ones in mind at the moment). This one does a really good job of integrating the Hook Hat gameplay into the level and i appreciate that. i know i ragged a little on our little goth poet, but really, that just might be me.

    Hootler's Revenge - EmperorGeno
    Not too much different this morning than i felt the last two or three times i played it. The costumes are nice, and i'm sure the logic was a real pain to put together; but the fight is just. so. sloggy.

    Return of Mr Sandman - EnochRoot
    Finally got to look at something from our very own Enoch! Woot! i really liked the presentation, and i could dig on the camera work a little better this go about. The chattery teeth ate one of the kiddos i was trying to save, and that was too bad. i still think the gameplay, being a lot of flat running, made the level drag on a bit, but i'm still happy to have played it. Also, it pushed me to play the original Mr Sandman, and that was pretty cool (and varied).

    Cape Carnival - Robots_Shadows
    Really glad to have gotten something from Robots_Shadows on the show, since we had to scrap a look at...i think it was Polluted Boots way back when. That time the recording wasn't clicking, and when i listened to it afterward, it just sounded like i was really tired and unhappy. This one's a really good, really solid Hero Cape level, which like the Grappling Hook, is a bit of a hen's teeth kind of thing. Not surprising that MSV served in an advisory position on this level's creation. Not too many more things to say here, but in the good way, it's just a lot of good fun.

    So, that's the that for this week. Hope y'all found something fun or interesting (or hopefully fun and interesting). Thanks as always for all the support, and i hope you have a great day!

    Behind the Curtains Stuffs
    Episode 008's all done but for the PiPs, so that's cool. Levels are recorded for Episode 009, but i got it in my head to try something new for the hub (just as a one-shot), so that's added a little production time that i couldn't use for LBsP, unfortunately. Doing a pretty good job with it, though (at least as in pace of production). i'm thinking i should be able to get an LBsP up on Thursday, though.
    Life stuff...i have 8classes a day, and usually 1class time worth of break (so...9 "classes" a day, usually). Yesterday, the school i was sent to for my kind-of-boss's whimsy...4 of my classes we're empty, and i had an extra break. So basically 5hours of nothing to do. Which gave me time to work out how much setting sent to 2non-home schools a week for a month is going to cut my paycheck by somewhere around 300bucks. How we're paid is kind of complicated to explain...but basically, next month's paycheck is going to suck.

  8. Thanks!


  9. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waffleking23 View Post
    Good Morning! Tuesday Takeaway time here!

    Anpanman: Baikin Castle - iwi-iwi
    Meeeeeh... sometimes it's hard reviewing levels like these. Just from my own (limited) experience level building, i know how much work and effort can go into something, at first blush, looks really simple. i can respect the effort folks put into these things. But then...the end result. This one's blocky and cludgy. It's got some pace to it, but really not all that much. The enemies are only barely just, and the boss fight. Well, yeah. i can't pretend it's a good one, here; but i don't want to rag on it too hard, if you can dig it?
    Iwi-Iwi is actually I6v6I's cousin who was like 8 or 9 years old when he made that level so we were laughing that you actually recorded and reviewed that level. It wasn't supposed to be serious or anything XD
    Last edited by ILoveI6v6I; 8 Hours Ago at 01:33 AM.

  10. Thanks!


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •