BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 536
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    waffle_king23

Thanks right back at you Jurgen, hope you had a fine weekend yourself.

Righty-o floks, back again with the Tuesday Takeaway!

Toy Towers - kLuMB-Z
    Even knowing the layout of the level, this one still took close to half an hour to finish, so it wasn't just my stumbling around during the secondary recordings; definitely budget time for this one. i came away again enjoying the level. It's got a good mix-up of gameplay elements, but each bit is chunky enough it feels warranted. This was one of the few levels with a Toggle section that was actually a bit of a challenge, and that almost never happens. Something came up this time that did kind of irk me though. i screwed up the race at the end again, i guess i'm just not good at that type of set-piece. The issue was, this time, i screwed up enough times on the lower end of the tower, that on my fifth death, i didn't respawn at the scoreboard. Not a big problem, but that section is limited lives, so when i died again, i just died out of level. It's not a sin to have a level where the player can actually completely fail, but...after all that work, to pull the rug out right in sight of the scoreboard, while having had infinite life Checkpoints earlier in the level...that's a thing that'll make a player a wee bit salty, i think.

"Temple of Mr. Mad Elephant" - Samait_
    Not much of a change with this one. i really liked looking at the level, though i do think the materials should have been more visually distinct. The pace isn't terribad for an Oddsock level, but it does manage to keep you going in the main. Got to work on those cameras a bit, though, there's enough shake and twist in them to make me a bit sick. All in all, it's nice and short and worth a play or two.

The wedding's underground - SweManTwizt
    Playing through this go around, and i kind of wonder if this was natively made in LBP1 and then imported/published through LBP3. If not, SweManTwizt really went out of their way for the verisimilitude. There's even a section with obvious visible dissolve material. There're even really badly placed checkpoints that sometimes don't trigger when they ought. There're even bits where you should just do a jump, but because there's an open space with a candle in it in the layer back, you'll be forced onto the candle and get burnt. i'm actually not all that salty about it, but this one is very much a your mileage may vary kind of level, and, like i said in the video, i was never a huge fan of LBP1's level design in the story mode.

Swingin' Treetops [beta] - chunky104
    Nothing much changed for me this time around from when we made the episode. The lack of death when you fall in the mud was amusing the first time, but really that should've been handled by something lethal. That one checkpoint, as well, could've been better placed. Despite that, it managed to be a fairly solid grappling hook level that i didn't much mind spending a bit of time with. Having finally played Evergreen Park: Revenge of the Bubbles, can i ask why folks feel the need to cram 3d movement into levels like these? It just makes jumps awkward as all get out. i mean the levels in the adventure would've worked perfectly fine without that (in fact, some of them are rather well done), but with it, they were mostly a pain.

Red Woods - Bug_Boys_2
    Don't know why i didn't notice how deep some of the platforms were in this one...maybe i did, i know i noticed that they were grab-able. Physically the design is pretty kludgy, and the gameplay is fairly slight, but i still walked away happy with this one on account of the attention to colour and lighting. It was just nice and relaxing playing through.

So that's the that this week. Fairly well pleased with the levels this go about, nothing particularly bad, and a couple that stood out (for me at least). Hopefully there were a few in there that worked for you the same. Thanks as always for the support, and i hope you're having a great day.

Behind the Curtains Stuffs
    i have been unforgivably lazy recently. Well, lazy in my own weird way, which is being busy with things that do need to be done, but probably don't need to be prioritized right at the moment. Which is not the best of signs, and is something i need to get on top of. But they say the first step in solving a problem is knowing you have a problem. Though...i'd like to know who this "they" is before i commit.

i did a livestream of Risk of Rain the other day, just to see how that works from the PS4 (or, i suppose, from anywhere, as i'd never done one before). It went fine enough, though the connection got lost about halfway through and i had to restart. No one showed up for it, but that was fine and expected, to be honest; doing it was pretty spur of the moment. One issue did come up, though. i was recording the footage through Share while doing the stream, and when i looked at it in Share Factory, i noticed it was just raw game footage and didn't include the comment scroll/UI. i tried poking around in the Broadcast Settings, but didn't see anything that looked related. i know when lsrs uploads their weekly streams, the UI is present in the video. Is it because i was streaming to Twitch and not to YouTube directly? i'm not sure, but it's something i need to find out before the end of next month.

Apparently my nephew subbed to my YouTube channel/Twitter account, and...i'm not entirely sure how i feel about it. i mean, my language when i play Isaac can get pretty salty (though, i think within acceptable parameters socially), and he is only 9yrs old. Also, w/r/t Twitter, it's nice being the cool uncle, but i am also the cool uncle whose interests and hobbies intersect with folks who post art and photography that is...well...i wouldn't choose to directly show to him, personally, Now, the account isn't very active on my end; i don't like or retweet all that much, but he can always just look at my feed. His mom said it was ok (they did this all without asking me, while i was at work), but to be honest, she should darn well know better. Saaa...stupid social media.

2. Thanks!

7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    waffle_king23

Good morning, good morning! Back again for another go...and some coffee...must 'ave coffee.

Episode 021 - Uzai

This time around we're having a look at:

Card Platformer - cooper_trooper19
    Sack in Savannah - DeadDolls2015
    Two Worlds Collide - critterme
    Asylum Run - PiggyPog380
    Run of Ruins - gatods10

It's certainly a set of levels this week, you can definitely say that. None of them are exactly bad but a little bit more polish could have gone into a few of them. Still, hopefully one or two will catch your eye as something you can have a bit of fun with, yeah? Thanks as always for the support and feedback, and have a great day!

i kind of hate ShareFactory. i mean, i love ShareFactory too, because i couldn't do what i do without it. At the same time it is filled with mysteries, and it's functions and limits are oft occluded.

i got it in my head to do a LBsP, and i wanted to use some footage off the laptop, going into where we pull the levels up from. Just getting the right set up on my iPod, 'cause you need to have like a "SHAREfactory" folder with a "video" folder in it, but it can't be the "SHAREFactory(tm)" folder with "Video Clips" folder in it that the app sets up for you the first time you save on to it from the PS4. That was kind of confusing but we got there eventually.

So, i thought to try out some of my Isaac stuff processed through SF, just to see how it went. And hey, what do you know, doing it that way somehow got rid of my framerate drop problem. Gosh, would've been nice to have figured that out, i don't know, 500episodes ago? Except...like you can only load one file on at a time, even if it looks like the files you're importing are under SF's arbitrary, and displayed, limit. So, like import and render one file, put it back on the laptop, erase the raw footage, and then you can import and render another file...look, i don't know how any of that works...just typing it out and looking at it now and it looks like a bunch of gibberish.

Anyway the takeaway is it took basically all day to finally get four episodes finished, which is kind of absurd (ok, i also got a stream of Isaac done, and wrapped episode 021...way later than i should have, but still). Levels are recorded for episode 022, some of the hub set-up is done as well (but not nearly as much as i would like). We're kind of getting back on our normal production schedule, even if it's taking a little while.

i think maybe we're going to see Infinity War today, if it's not sold out, at least. That's kind of cool.

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewLBPCentral Spotlight Crew biorogue's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,817
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    PSN
    jester946
    Blog Entries

Hey, I think I actually beat you to these this time! I had been doing quite a bit of LBP because I was queuing and queuing levels and wasn't getting to them. So, I figured I needed to clear out some of my queue. I logged in and it said something like over a hundred new levels queued, go to queue now? So I pushed up my sleeves and got to it. Still not done but cleared out over 3/4 of them. Anyway, thanks for that bit about ShareFactory. I don't do much with it, I occasionally will use it to upload what I think is an interesting clip to my YouTube. But, I've been thinking about uploading more content, especially when Dreams comes out. I may come calling on you for help and advice!
    As always, keep doing what you're doing, and Thank you!

Follow me on the twitterz @bioswoop

German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,510
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

You've just remembered me, that I have a queue, too!

6. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Quote Originally Posted by biorogue View Post
    Hey, I think I actually beat you to these this time! I had been doing quite a bit of LBP because I was queuing and queuing levels and wasn't getting to them. So, I figured I needed to clear out some of my queue. I logged in and it said something like over a hundred new levels queued, go to queue now? So I pushed up my sleeves and got to it. Still not done but cleared out over 3/4 of them. Anyway, thanks for that bit about ShareFactory. I don't do much with it, I occasionally will use it to upload what I think is an interesting clip to my YouTube. But, I've been thinking about uploading more content, especially when Dreams comes out. I may come calling on you for help and advice!
    As always, keep doing what you're doing, and Thank you!
    Thank you as well! Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, but if there's anything i can help with, just drop a line. We could always use more folks making videos in the community. The ShareFactory/imported files thing is a bit weird, but i think i've got it worked out for them moment (course, it's only really necessary if you want clips from your PC in the video, or are using Share for rendering of stuff recorded on PC, which it's actually pretty decent at).

Ossu! Happy May Day fellow labourers! Also, i guess there's a Tuesday Takeaway?

Card Platformer - cooper_trooper19
    This one's a bit of a shame in timing, i think. Had i played it early on in the series i probably would have been a lot more impressed with it that i was. It's certainly not a bad level, mind, and it's definitely better than the rest of the levels this week; at the end of the day, though, it's not really stretching itself all that much. i think this does cement my odd allergy to angled bounce pads. It's come up before, and i've always thought it was on them, but, no, the problem is me. Though, as a counterpoint, Paczek321 got in touch to say the same thing happens to them, so...maybe?

Sack in Savannah - DeadDolls2015
    This one's down at the moment, which is a bit of a shame. Unusually, DeadDoll2015 did leave a comment on my profile that they'd seen the episode, and they wished me luck, so maybe this is a case of "down for repairs," and we'll see it back up again in the future. i do hope so.

Two Worlds Collide - pt1 - critterme
    Not really a heck of a lot to say about this one, it's just so extremely short. i mean, as a simple prologue, i guess it works. Though, if it were me, i'd have probably made sure i had part 2 on tap if part one was going to be this short. Then again, if it were me, It'd probably sit on my moon for years with work only being done on it intermittently until it was, eventually, tearfully, abandoned. So critterme's already got a leg up on me.

Asylum Run - piggypog380
    This one was going to have an uphill fight with me anyways, seeing as it claims to be based on one of my favourite level sets/themes, but doesn't actually do anything with that. i do have to say in its favour that the boost boots jumps are pretty perfectly spaced, it's actually a tense little bit. i kind of have to assume jumping forward out of level was the intended method to progress the level, as there are some score bubbles in that layer...but it does seem an odd way to go about things, and the cameras don't really make it obvious. Hrmm....i wonder if you could set up a secondary camera set once the player's unlocked that velociraptor you need to get to the final area of the level. i mean, i'm sure you could do that thing, just wondering if it would be worthwhile.

Run of Ruins - gatods10
    Another really short one here, seemed to be a bit of a week for that. Again, i think we covered this one fairly well in the episode. It's a nice enough level to look at, but not quite so nice to play. Too easy to get lost in the detail and pulled out cameras. i'd love to know what was going on with those little glitch bits that we saw. It was pretty weird, and i don't think we've seen it come up before (unless it wasn't a glitch, but was actually invisible material or something, but that'd be a pretty odd design choice). Would've been nice if there'd been a bit of build up to the end, as opposed to just having that button sitting there.

So, that's the that. Nothing really bad, but still, nothing that was really head and shoulders great. i wouldn't say not to play any of them, but if there's something more compelling in your queue, you might want to go with that first. Thanks as always for all the support, folks, and i hope you have a great day!

i did end up seeing Infinity War on Friday, it wasn'T looking like it was going to work out, but there was a sudden schedule change so, that was nice. i liked the movie a lot, and that's all i'll say about it, 'cause i'm sure there're folks who've not been to it yet.

Kind-of-sort-of stumbling back to my regular production schedule. Got episode 022 wrapped yesterday, which is a bit late, but we're getting closer. Isaac's all sorted through Thursday, which frees up a bit of time to get on episode 023, and i think i should be able to have that done by Saturday. i've got a week off coming up, so that'll help a lot. i'm a bit salty i haven't really been able to get LBsP episodes out consistently recently. There're a couple i have in mind that i want to do...next week should let me get to that. Hopefully if we get the machine running smoothly again, we'll be able to have regular weekly episodes again.

There was something else i was going to say here, but i can't for the life of me remember what it was. Something about rendering PC Isaac episodes in Share makes for a better finished product, but is kind of annoying? Maa...whatever, i'm sure it'll come back to me by Friday.

8. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! It's that time again! We're coming back at you for another round!

Episode 022 - Vig

This go about we're having a look at:

Springinator Platformer - neoraptor
    The Neon Side - Gentleman1S3YT
    The Missing Miners - CraftyVers3
    Space Run - jordana2310
    Grappling Performance - TheNavigator77

It's a pretty fun set of levels this go about, a bit of a step up from the set last week. Hopefully you'll find something that catches your eye, and that you'll have a fun time with. Thanks as always for all the support and have a great day!

Still don't know what's up with the import issue, so whatever. i seem to be good with really tiny files, which is all i might need for series mainly put together on the PS4. Eventually they'll port all the Afterbirth+ booster pack stuff to the PS4. so i won't even need to record off my laptop anymore, and that will be 100% fine.

So, i mentioned i had that problem(?) with Twitch in one of the LBsP updates yesterday. So, on a lark, i figured i'd do a quickish stream to YouTube as a test. Good news: it keeps the UI in a video file that is automatically saved on YouTube. Bad news: Video quality seems to be noticeably worse (though not terribad). Now i was broadcasting at "Standard," and there are two higher levels of quality that i can try. i worry a little about my connection there, though; one weird thing that came up was a warning notice that my connection wasn't solid enough to broadcast, even though i was clearly still broadcasting (had my laptop open next to me). That was on standard, if i try one of the higher quality ones, would the broadcast just straight cut out? Well, i still have about four weeks to figure it out.

Oh, side note about the stream to YT yesterday...of course i had my mic off the whole time. Geh...

We're about half-way through next week's R15F as of now. It's not the schedule i want to be on, but it's the best it's been in the last...almost month? With the vacation time i've got now, we should have things back on track without too much difficulty. Heck, we would have had it all sorted if i hadn't been fiddling around with the import issue, and the stream thing, and the two LBsP episodes, and the three episodes of Isaac we were up to yesterday. Crap...written out like that, i was pretty busy, wasn't i?

Play Assault Android Cactus, it's straight-up fun.

10. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Here we are for another Tuesday Takeaway! Woot! ...woot?

Springinator Platformer - neoraptor
    This one is a...i don't want to say a hot mess, that's a bit strong. neoraptor does put in the effort of making an actual level with actual set-pieces, and i appreciate that. It does go for some decent usage of the Sprininator, and i do like that showing up. It's just, like everything seems to be a bit off? In the bottle section the bottles are just big enough to make it really awkward to get through, as opposed to just challenging, and why not have a visible hazard there? And why have it three layers deep? And what was up with the "you have to hit L1 (for the only time in the level)" right at the end (presumably before hitting the invisible hazard, because i got killed there this morning). Also, weird glitch maybe, but right before i hit the scoreboard i got teleported back to the beginning of the level...i did not go through the effort to beat the level again.

The Neon Side - Gentleman1S3TY
    i like this one, it's got a few of those early level flaws, but it's earnest and relatively well developed. There's also not really a lot to say about it that we didn't in the episode itself. The structure of the level, having the challenges (though, to be perfectly honest, nothing was all that challenging) in their own discrete area with their own colour scheme was a nice touch. i also thought it was nice giving the player the option to put on a light up costume, though the level is certainly beatable without one. i'm looking forward to seeing how Gentleman1S3YT develops as a creator in the future.

The Missing Miners - Craftyvers3
    There's really not enough level here to say all that much more about to be honest. i liked the attempt at building a semi-realistic environment, at least, even if it was kind of LBP1-era-esque kludgy. At the end of the day, though, it really needs a bit more expansion on the concept, either go all in on the story, and make it a cinematic heavy level, or really build up the platforming/exploration. As it stands it's hardly even appetizer-sized.

Space Run - jordan2310
    i wonder if this one might have been better off without the race aspect? It's not really badly done, but there's an awful lot of it where you just don't have any control of the player, and when you do the majority of that is running across a flat space. The only bits that differ, gameplay wise, are the monkeybars/rope bit, where at least there's some player-skill necessary to keep a good time, and the two swimming in space areas, where the player is artificially slowed down. At least it has a nice environment, though if you're focusing on score, you'll probably blow through too fast to really appreciate it.

Grappling Performance - TheNavigator77
    Even with the awkwardness of some of the grappling sections, i just loved the goofy charm of the level presentation. It just hits my buttons right, and looks very much of itself, as opposed to some more generally shared concept. i was left wondering, though, why so many of the logic bits were left visible. It had to have been on purpose, right? They'd be obvious enough in create mode. It's just kind of an odd choice.

So that's the that for episode 022. i had a good enough time with the levels, there were certainly none that i would regret playing through even without the excuse of putting the show together. Hopefully there's something in the set that you can have a good time with too. Thanks as always for all the support, and have a great day!

So...not having work, and being so far ahead of schedule, means that time basically has no real meaning at the moment. i mean, yes, morning vs. night means something still, but i woke up this morning and i could not say for certain just what day it was. It was a weird feeling, but not an uncomfortable one.
    It is nice having episode 024 wrapped already, though. *looks at the Level of the Day pick* ... well played, Sumo, well played.
    i know we've been blitzing the LBsP levels, but frankly we don't really have the opportunity all that often, and the weather has been mostly jank. It rained like hell here yesterday. There might be another coming out today, but honeybunny has the day off as well, so i might not have the chance to record one. Ought to be one Wednesday and Thursday, though. i should (and likely will) use some of the extra time to do some advance set work, so i don't need to be scrambling when that comes up.

12. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! It's Friday, and that means...well...many things, really. Specifically, though, it means another shot of R15F!

Episode 023 - Welter

This week we're having a look at:

Captain Sack-Cardboard Mountains - d23legal
    Jumps in history - maverickmarcari
    TREASURE HUNT 2 - ONLINE-EIJI
    Block Shift 2 - MonkeyBoy_Ben
    Ninja leader's race - martinezmatthew8

i had a fun time with this set and hopefully y'all will as well, there aren't any super clunkers in there. Well, one's kinda ok-ish, but not terrible. Thanks as always for the support, and have a great day!

Sometimes the title cards turn out well, sometimes they're just alright (i wasn't super-pleased with the one for Vig, f'rex). This week's and next week's, though, i really like these. Plus, it's always nice to see Officer and Ophidia. Though we did get Officer in an actual episode...err...was that last week? The week before...geh...i can't really remember any more.

Yet another level from next week's episode got picked up for Level of the Day...i don't even care anymore, not even a little, not even a lot. mdkd99 mentioned that he'd asked StevenI about that, and apparently the LotDs are picked by algorithm. Which, i suppose makes sense; there are just too many levels for anyone to trawl through. Still, it was, on another level, a deeply disappointing thing to learn.

Speaking of mdkd99, he's going to be starting up his own look-at series, so toss a little love his way too. Particularly this late in the day for LBP, the more community support and activity the better. Best of luck, mdkd! We're looking forward to seeing how things turn out.

My vacation's almost over, well, this is the last day of it, but i've always got Thursdays and Fridays off. Was nice pretending to be independently wealthy, and just be able to do whatever i want with my time. Which turned out to be make a lot of videos and drink, so...not exactly the rock and roll lifestyle, but it was nice. It's going to be a bit of a bear going back to the language factory.

14. Thanks!

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 626
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the shoutout and support, Waffleking! I hope you're going to enjoy the first episode of 'mdkds ratings' on Monday. It's been a while since I put this much effort into a video, but it was really fun to edit it and to see how things came together.

I'm going to watch the new episode soon and I think I played one level.

PSN
    waffle_king23

Best of luck with the show, mdkd. We're going to give episode one a look once i've got this wrapped up.

Hey hey! Tuesday Takeaway!

Captain Sack-Cardboard Mountain - d23legal
    i think i would have been better disposed to this one if they'd been upfront about using little hops, instead of no jumps at all. Through that lens, it is a really solid on level. i love the way they've incorporated the fire hazard to get sackthing up larger elevations, and over gaps. Also, the way they space things so you don't hit the fire a second time too quickly (and so dying) is really quite clever. i still think the level ends a bit too abruptly, but it's a full level in its own right, not just a glorified proof of concept, so that's cool. It's interesting, d23legal dropped a line on the video, which was really nice, but they brought up something that we address in the gradings bit. i wonder if creators that watch the show just watch the bit on their own level, or watch all the way to the end. i mean, i'm happy either way, but not watching the gradings kind of cuts out a big part of what the show is doing.

Jumps in History - maverickmarcari
    i really like "levels in a bottle" like this one, as long as they're done right, and this one was, so that's cool. i found it interesting that it wasn't a randomized set-up, like the DaVinci survival challenge the concept comes from. i wonder how they had that set up. Was everything lined up off camera? Or was each set-piece emitted? Either way, they've done a great job with it. The one (relatively mild) fly in the ointment is requiring the player to use a prize sticker to get things started. Not everyone has community objects turned on, is all.

TREASURE HUNT 2 - ONLINE-EIJI
    Didn't get to finish this one off this morning. With levels i know are going to be really long, i keep the "five lives and out" we had at the beginning of R15F (but never really stuck to in the end). Tuesdays are just to busy to spend too much time on a level if i can't beat it smoothly. But, something did pop into my mind playing this go. i'm wondering if this one was natively made in LBP2, and then published in LBP3. i didn't notice any logic, materials, or effects that were definitely LBP3 era. They use a forced-death teleport, which was a common style before we got wormhole/teleport logic/broadcast chips. The play mechanics, emphasis on cut scenes, and the boss style are all very LBP2-esque. The more i think about it, the more i think my theory is right. That might explain why some of the materials in the temple area are invisible for no reason.

Block Shift 2 - MonkeyBoy_Ben
    i think of the slate of mostly quite good levels this episode, this one is my favourite. We've got a solidly developed environment, with enough background movement to give a sense of life and place to things. The central gimmick is well-utilized throughout, and feels consistently challenging and never frustrating. Those little animation touches we looked at in the episode are so well done. Best of all, it doesn't wear out its welcome, feeling perfectly paced and not at all overlong. This one is just really, really good.

Ninja leader's race - martinezmatthew8
    This one was going to have a rough go of it even if it had been a better level. i do try to keep things separate in my mind when i play, but i do play these levels as a block. Luckily, it's just not a very good level, so i don't have to feel guilty for being a bit hard on it. There's just not much at all going on here. You've got lots of horizontal running, maybe two bits of "challenge" gameplay, and a busted race gate. i don't know what goes on with those gates, it happens relatively often so i'm guessing there's some glitch going on on the game-side of things. It's just always disappointing to finish a race and see all the points suddenly disappear.

So, that's the that, really. This was a pretty strong setlist, and the Yellow Squares could have been Green Circles with just a bit of buffing, i think. Thanks as always for all the support, and i hope you have a great day!

Not really all that much to say this time, yeah.

17. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Another week's rolled around and that means another shot of R15F!

Episode 024 - Xyloid

This week we're having a look at:

Super Mario 3D Land: World 4-3 - noseben
    LittleBigPlanet GDC (Platformer) - nesterr180
    haunted house cape - fidelide
    An PLATFORM HubbardTile81
    Midnight Mountain - Blushing_Kiss

A fairly solid set of levels, though it is a back-up playlist to be honest. Still, hopefully you'll find something you like in there. Thanks as always for all the support, and i hope you have a great day!

i really like the title card for this one. Next week's is kind of fun too, but i think this one might be my (second?) favourite.

Right now i kicking around the evening of June 2nd for the livestreaming. i'd have liked to do it sooner, but it looks like the last week of May and June first are going to be really quite busy. i'll probably put up a quick announcement LBsP a week before we're set to go, and a thread on the boards as per usual. Hopefully some of y'all will be able to drop in.

Yesterday was a pretty dead day, as far as production goes. Well, we got a bunch of Isaac done, and the hub for episode 026 is...i'd say about half to three-quarters finished (still have to do the animations and cameras...i might give another pass over the dialogue to tighten it up a bit). i guess it's not a huge issue, episode 025 is in the can, so we're a week ahead and all. i just kind of hate lazy days, even if my brain insists i need them sometimes.

i keep on having this idea of putting together a little bit of writing to expand on the world and characters of the show. Like maybe make a picture in-game, and use it to illustrate a magazine article, or book excerpt, that kind of thing. The problem is i always think about this when i'm riding to work, or taking a walk, and by the time i get back home all desire to put in the effort has evaporated. Grah...

There was something else i was going to put here, but it's floated off from my brainmeats like a soap bubble. Maybe it'll come back to me later.

19. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Guten morgen, guten morgen! Time for another Tuesday Takeaway!

Super Mario 3D Land World: 4-3 - noseben
    This one does a decent enough job recreating the layout of the original level, at least, though i do think a better job could have been done with the material choices. The problem is the supported play-style is so different from LBP that the juice isn't really worth the squeeze. Checkpoints are sparse, and death will cost a fair amount of progress. i think recreations aren't the worst things to do, but i think they work best when they work with level flows and control schemes already present. Still, for a relatively new creator, kitting together even a passable 3d level is no small feat.

LittleBigPlanet GDC (platformer) - nesterr180
    This one's an interesting contrast to the previous. It nails (almost perfectly from what i can tell watching videos on YouTube) the recreation, with the only obvious point of difference being in the "original" score bubbles (though their mechanic is the same). This one does exactly what a demo is supposed to do, present the style and feeling of the full game in a way that maximizes fun. Playing through this was really quite nostalgic, even the third or fourth time through. It's perhaps not the meatiest of levels, but its an all around good time.

Haunted house cape - fidelide
    There was an Oddsock level from fidelide we were going to look at that got snapped up by the LotD gods. When we were scrambling about to put together a new set-list after the mic kerfluffle, we landed on this one, and completely didn't notice it was a survival challenge until actually playing it. But then again, recently i've played a bunch of levels tagged as survival challenges that actually weren't anything of the sort, so who can really tell? Anyways, this one does well enough for what it is. It's very similar to Stomach Virus (if i'm remembering right), though a very stripped down version thereof. Grabbing the score bubbles is annoying as heck, to be honest, but the pace is slow enough you'll probably still pick up a couple thousand points before you get bored of it. Umm...the music is kind of cool, though.

An PLATFORM - HubbardTile81
    Eh...this one's a level, at the very least, and there is a(n extremely) little bit of gameplay. Otherwise, it's just not enough to really justify loading up. Actually, if your internet connection isn't all that hot, it may take longer to load than actually play.

Midnight Mountain - Blushing_Kiss
    Not much new to say about this one (but when has that ever stopped me?). The environment's well presented, clear, poppy, and fun. i liked those animated roaches. The gameplay can be a little bit janky, but it does a good enough job getting the player from point A to point B. Those hanging bits we saw in the video had a really weird movement to them, i kind of wonder where the fulcrum was. i also wonder why i always think you have to hang and swing from those types of obstacles, when quite often you can just run along the tops for an easier time of it.

So...that's the that this go about. Some pretty fun ones here, for me at least. Hopefully there was something there that caught your eye too. Thanks as always for all the support and have a great day!

So, it appears i have a fan for the Isaac series. It's actually kind of weird, but that's the locked-in-a-box-redheaded-stepchild of my channel. But, anyway, they dropped a comment on one of the recent videos, and it was really touching. They were worried about my persistent cough (heavy smoking, plus recording 4 or 5hours in a go will do that to you, kids, so...maybe choose just one of those bad habits?).

On Isaac, i tend to be fairly focused on the game when i'm recording, so my commentary tends to revolve around that fairly heavily. To be honest, i don't really like that style, but i fall into it so easily. Every now and then, though, a run will get so easy thanks to a great set of items, that my brain can get a bit more drifty. i spent a decent chunk of time in the run yesterday talking about pronoun usage and identity...which i was a little happy that i could actually do in Japanese. Felt like i'd leveled up.

Not a lot to talk about w/r/t LBP, i'm juggling a bunch of plates.

21. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Good morning y'all, that time's rolled around again!

Episode 025 - Yami

This week we're having a peep at:

Cardboard Cutout LBP3 - temple1997
    Little Big Adventure - DeadDollOfficiaI(?)
    LBP1 The Islands w.s.b.p - Trackmania12
    Toxic Bubble Swamp - wander416
    Heck of a Holiday - XxCHLOEBELLExX

It's a pretty fine set of levels this go about, though there is a little weirdness going on with Little Big Adventure. Oh, and also, Toxic Bubble Swamp just got the the LotD nod...well, at least that was roughly concurrent to the episode going up. Anyhoot, hopefully something in there will catch your eye and turn out to be something you have some fun with. Thanks for all the support, and have a great day!

Right, so the live episode 026+ is going to be June 2nd 8p JTime, barring disaster. That should mean i can get home from work, have a bit of dinner and decompress before we start. i'd wanted it to be on Thursday or Friday, but stuffs are in the doing so, yeah Saturday was the closest i could get. Hopefully you'll be able to drop in and say hi. Also hopefully, the streaming will go smoothly. Toes crossed.

We've got regular episode 026 halfway done. Ran into some snags getting the hub put together, and i haven't had as much time available to do recordings. i might be able to get the secondary recordings and grading bit done this morning, but we'll see (and my throat is kinda swole up and feeling like garbage, so i might not want to push it too much).

i remember what i was going to ask last week. So...i was bopping around people's moons, i think it was in LBP2, but it might have been LBP3. Got on to one persons moon, and some music started playing, like real world music, not the usual in-Pod bgm. The quality was like recording old mix-tapes by putting the tape player right next to the stereo speaker...an experience i imagine a fair number of you may have been born too late for. Anyways, it was creepy, unsettling, and completely unexpected. Have any of you run into that? Do you know how it was done?

Sorry i've been a little vague about why things have been so kittiwumpus w/r/t production recently. i want to loop people in when the schedule starts getting wonky; on the other hand this is life stuff that hovers in between the TMI and not-want-to-talk-about zones. Thanks for your patience, yeah.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4