BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default [Roughly 15 Fresh S2] Return of the Community Level Looks-At Omnibus of Love!

[Edit to Add]Fixed the Sound Issue, link updated, sorry about that[/EtA]

Ossu! Round Two is starting up over here!

[R15F-S2 12/01/17] 000 - Re-Introduction

This one is just a re-introduction episode, so if you've been following along all this time, and want to pass over, that's cool. If you're new to the series, welcome! i hope we help you find some cool levels, as we bop our way across the Imagisphere.

Thanks, as always, for all the support! Hope y'all have and great day, and we'll see y' around!

Behind the Curtains Stuff

We're up to the Outro as far as next week's episode. It's weird, the level recordings went smooth as, but i was having trouble getting things to click when it came to getting back to the hub. i should be able to get that done this morning, and once that's handled, the PiPs should come along no problem. There may be an LBsP coming up in the next few days, but i don't want to promise it until i've got the R15F engine running nice and hot. i was actually playing around with simple ways to reset sponge blocks on winches when they get hung up on platforms, which is so weirdly specific, but is such an annoyance whenever i run into the problem in levels.

Side weirdness: so i wanted to have some subtitles on the screen during the re-intro episode, where one would stay on the screen while the others were added. So, i clipped the video (in ShareFactory), added the subtitle, exported to gallery, started it up as a new project (because once it's been exported, it's all considered one file, so the clips are gone, but the subtitle or PiP or whatever remain). Did that three times (i wanted to list the level selection rules), and it looked good; but when i actually played the video, i found each time it was lowering the volume. The last version was almost muted, it was so soft. So...that's a thing. Glad i found out now, because i was thinking of using that technique to cheat in more than 10 PiPs. Would've been real bad to have it come up in a real episode.

German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 1,117
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Yeah! This has been a really quick return! I'm looking forward to round 2!
    Many greetings, Jürgen^^

3. Thanks!

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 766
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    waffle_king23

Thanks so much, Jurgen! It's great to be back! Speaking of...

Alright! Got the real deal Holyfield first episode coming up at ya!

Episode 001 - Again

This week we're taking a look at:

Shapes - Azalon
    Tower of Power - CalDav98
    Cavern Catastrophe - ManPetKid
    ADVENTURE IN THE FOREST - shadowbrine2009
    Professional Bunny - hunter10009

It's a...well, a mixed bag to start the season off, but i still had a fun time with them, and a fun time putting the episode together. Hope you find something in here to your taste. As always, any and all feedback is welcome. Thanks for all the support folks, and i hope you have a great day!

Behind the Curtains Stuffs

There's a copyright ding on the episode this time (apparently Song 2's owners are being assertive, which is weird, because i'm sure that song's come up in a ton of other episodes). So if there're ads in the show, i apologize, but at least they're not mine.

i don't think i executed it as well as i could have, but i really ended up liking how the Title Card turned out. If you recognize where it's from, you get a cupcake.

Like we said in the LBsP thread, episode 002 is uploaded and scheduled, and 003's levels are handled, so we're pretty well ahead of the curve here as far as production schedule. i had an idea pop up when i was putting together 002, and i thought i'd bounce it off y'all. So, data begets data, and i've taken to keeping track of 1st publish dates, plays (at time of recording), and time to beat. Is that information you'd like to see on the screen while i'm covering things in the outro? it'd be pretty easy to do. On one hand, trivia, and trivia can be fun. On the other hand, i can see how it might be useless visual clutter. Let me know how you feel, yeah? i could start to implement it in 003, if it's something you think would be cool.

7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    waffle_king23

Oh ho ho ho...stupid browser...stupid Windows update...had this all written up, shut the laptop, which apparently now shuts down all programs. Which means the post got eaten. Feh...

Alright, Tuesday Takeaway take 2!

Shapes - Azalon

Pretty fun, but also pretty simple here. Having the alternate paths was kind of nice, though once you've found the optimal one to get all the score bubbles, you'll probably not have a lot of reason to go back. Still, it's chill and nice, and there's a bit of a nostalgic, LBP1 feel to it, which is cool. i'd say it's worth a good play or two.

Tower of Power - CalDav98

Got hung up on the winch issue in the outro, which means i didn't really get into why it really deserved the Red Triangle. Really, it could use a full work-over from the bottom up. There's little flow to the race, a point compounded by the way they've got the winches set up. You grab them, they run through the up-to-down cycle, and then stop. So if you miss the jump, you've got to drop off the winch and grab it again to start the cycle again. You've got bits of the level where you can get thrown out of it, like we saw in the video. Also, you get three power-ups tossed at you that you'll only use once a pop right at the end of the level, which is a pet peeve of mine. Simply, it'd be easier to start from scratch to make a more solid level.

Cavern Catastrophe - manpetkid

We're assuming the pet in their name is being used in the noun form, and not the verb form, yes. There's some decent enough presentation in here, but it does get pretty frustrating if you've forgotten how the old-school power-ups work. i'm not sure how much of that to put on manpetkid, it can be hard to anticipate what is (or will be) common knowledge among the player base. Still, it does effect the feel of the level. i can see the jetback area being a deal breaker for some (and to be honest, if i weren't doing the level for the show, i probably would've bounced), it is just as fiddly as they tend to be. Still, it's not a level without its merits, and once i noodled things out, i had a good enough time with it. The Space Race if definitely the better level, though.

ADVENTURE IN THE FOREST - shadowbrine2009

Eh, it's a run left-to-right through a copy-paste forest level. i kind of wonder if shadowbrine2009 is a younger creator, there's that kind of feel. It's got a nice Glitter Gun, at least. The attached level Guirassic Adventure was kind of fun, at least. Still heavily flawed, though.

Professional Bunny - hunter100019

First off, mea culpa, i screwed up hunter's name. Should've had an extra '1' in there. Sorry about that hunter100019! Whether you find this level fun or not will depend entirely on how much you enjoy the type. Personally, i enjoy a nice timing diagnostic every now and then, but i realize it's not a genre in everyone's wheelhouse. The same with the presentation; i found the stripped down style to be elegant, but it could be a little too flat for you. Paczek321 was nice enough to get in touch to remind me that you can turn down gameplay SFX in the Global Settings (which i really should have remembered), and the music at the end is actually from the game (of which i'd had no idea). Thanks Paczek!

So, that's the that (for the second time today). Hope you found something fun to play, i had a good enough time with everything (even the red triangles, in their own way). Hope you have a great day, and we'll see you this Friday!

i actually woke up at my usual time (5a)! Huzzah! And then promptly fell back asleep for another two hours. Stupid Tuesday. Stupid Curse. We've got the dialogue and Frank's animations finished up for episode 003. Still got Mei's animations, the cameras, and music left to do. i lost Saturday for set up on account of my nephew spending the night with us (lots of Splattoon2! It was a lot of fun!). Sunday got eaten by a canceled party, which became basic drinking (go whiskey!). Still, i knew that was how things were going to turn out, so i'm not too chuffed about being a bit behind schedule. Even still, we should be able to get the episode wrapped by Friday, though i kind of doubt we'll get a LBsP in this go around.

PSN
    waffle_king23

Alright folks, back again for another round!

Episode 002 - Boiling

This go about we're taking a look at:

-100 Celcius (ducklings and ice) - ALGORITM067
    My first lbp3 platform lvl - Hank1902
    Hoverboard Neon! - xtacaine666
    Acorn Bounce - Lara_1988_
    Hello... - hanakama

It's another...interesting...set of levels, but hopefully you'll find something that floats your boat. As always, thanks for all the support, and i hope y'all have a great day!

Behind the Curtains Stuff

Whoo boy, Thursday was pretty much awful, full stop. So, the new Windows update seems to have borked my mic, or at least my mic has developed some kind of issue concurrent to the update. Anyway, there's some kind of buzzing when i record Isaac (though no issues when recording on the PS4, so we're living in the mirror, i suppose). Tried to get the thing unkinked, thought i had, and ended up with two episodes recorded where you can barely hear my voice.

Then, found that there was something gone sideways with our washing machine, seemed like something with the hose, so i hiked over to the Home Depot equivalent, got a new one, came home to hook it up, and...it was still spitting water out at me. So, hike all the laundry over to the coin-op which is not exactly super close...so basically the morning and afternoon of my busiest recording day were wiped.

Still, had gotten episode 003 wrapped and there were still a few hours, so i figured i'd try to put together a quick episode of LBsP, did the recording only to discover there's (maybe) some break in the level (it was an LBP2 one, so that's a possibility), but i wouldn't have time to fire up the PS3 and check there if i also wanted to do level recordings for 004, which i did want to do. Also, somewhere in that process i turned my mic off and forgot (probably when i tried to replay the LBsP level on the PS4), so lost the first level from the 004 set and had to quick change that up. By that time my mood was so sour that i probably shouldn't have gone through recording the rest, so i'm going have to give those a hard listen to see if they're actually worth keeping, or if i want to just scrap the lot and start fresh (which would suck, because there're some decent levels in that set).

Basically what i'm saying is...really Thursday? Really? What'd i ever do to you?

7. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Whoop whoop, Tuesday Takeaway!

-100 Celsius (ducklings and ice) - ALGORITM067

How can you not like saving ducklings? Are you some kind of monster? Surely not, you're good people, one and all (even the monsters). *ahem* What to say? It's a solidly presented, mostly fun level. The power-up is fairly solid on, though i think i figured out the inconsistency in its use. Basically, you can turn water into ice with it, but you're only using the flame side of it to interact with the thermometers (which, indirectly, melts ice). Logically the fire should directly effect things, but...a level has its own mechanics, and ALGORITM067 does tell us how it's supposed to work. The only fly in the ointment i think was the difficulty spike early on with the ice block conveyor. The jump off the block when it hits the water is really tough to pull off.

My first lbp3 platform lvl - Hank1902

Yeeeahh...this one, it just wasn't fun when i was recording; it wasn't fun when i was going for PiPs (which, i suppose, is also recording), and it wasn't much fun playing it this morning. The real nail in the coffin for me was there's just no pace to the level, It feels like i should be shuffling along, but if you do, you're likely going to keep getting killed. What you need to do is move forward, stop, wait, move forward. i have the hardest time getting into that style of platformer.

Hoverboard Neon! - xtacaine666

i do kind of wonder if xta will look back at their screen name some day and wonder why they told the whole world of their support of Satan? i mean, let your freak flag fly, but... i mean, if you're going to go into it, at least pick a more interesting daemonic entity. Anyhow...not really much to say. This one's a pretty solid on, but not particularly stand out hoverboard level. i really liked the contrasting black and neon piping, even through it does make it difficult to see the sticker work (which i'm pretty sure is exactly what i said in the episode).

Acorn Bounce - Lara_1988_

The play is a little bit awkward, considering the level is based on one originally designed for the Grappling Hook, still, i had enough fun going through it. The music, though...it's very elevator-muzak-y. i can appreciate the work that went into putting it together, but...it's just not for me?

Hello... - hanakama

Yeah...this is a jank gallery. i suppose i should have figured that, but i thought the Level Badge looked so nice. To be fair, we did see that in the level, but the juice isn't really worth the squeeze. Also the depresso-spider-mech...at least it moves pretty cool. mdkd99 mentioned that maybe hanakama had gaffled the last bits in the level there, which i suppose is always a possibility. The skill on display stands out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of what we see. i can't really say one way or the other. i took a look at one of their other levels, which was a Hatsune Miku running platformer in a box. The animation on that was actually pretty good, so i can't knock hanakma too much. On the other hand, it was an LBP2-level, and i think playing in LBP3 caused some load-bearing bit of logic to glitch out. i think there were probably supposed to be dropping platforms during the water bits, as the jumps are way too far to hit normally.

So that's the that. Hope there was something fun in there for y'all. Have a great day, and thanks for all the support!

Hrrm...lazybones me? i dunno, just needed a little production break from the debacle that was Thursday. Though, that's why we keep a week's buffer in there. Plus, i've got...something like 2weeks off work with nothing planned, so...it's not like i won't have time to get caught up.

9. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Righty-o, then. We're at it again.

Episode 003 - Clawhammer

This week we'll be having a look at:

Tiki-Island - momi-arsen
    Peace & Tranquillity - justnummy
    Sackboy's Running Trails - cristobol1996cri
    Sackboy Can Do it - DannyFerreira98
    Tiki in the Clouds - bielplayer34

It's a bit more of an even set than the last couple, i'd say. Had an honestly good time with all of them (as opposed to a trainwreck good time). Hopefully something here will stand out for you, as well. As always, thanks for all the support, and i hope you have a great day!

i think, between my wife and i, we may have eaten a whole cow last night. i tell you, all-you-can-eat-yakiniku coupled with an all-you-can-drink is a dangerous thing. But, luckily, something we only do on special occasions...i'm pretty sure neither of us has the frame to carry a huge amount of extra weight. i'm thinking maybe we won't need to eat much at all for the next few days.

i've been kind of on myself here for being lazy recently, but looking back at what i've actually been doing the past week or so, i'm not sure that's entirely correct. i mean, looking at activity, actual things done, i haven't had a huge amount of extra time floating about, it just hasn't been focused where it needs to be. i've certainly recorded enough Isaac, which is a thing that does need to get done (though perhaps not to the degree i've done it). It's a comfortable form of work, though, and something i can use when i've got too much stress to deal with elsewhere. This upcoming week will be time to get back on schedule with R15F/LBsP, though. i do feel bad that i've got the meat of an episode for both all ready, but haven't been able to bring myself to put together the frame.

11. Thanks!

100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Hi waffle_king23,

always as busy as a bee!

Thank you so much and have a Merry Christmas!

Many greetings, Jürgen^^

13. Thanks!

15. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Right then, time for the Tuesday Takeaway!

Tiki-Island - momi-arsen
    It's...ok...i guess is the best i can say? momi at least makes the effort to actually make a level, with discrete phases, and an actual environment, i do have to give props there. There's just, there's not all that going on beyond that. The decorating is a bit slipshod in placement, but at least is coherent. There is some gameplay to be had, and they did toss in a secret, so those are good points. i just wish this one had a bit more meat on its bones.

Peace & Tranquillity - justnummy
    i feel a bit ashamed that it's been so long since i've last heard this that i couldn't remember any of the lyrics. That would've made for a good bit of bonus material. The level is fine enough, there's definitely a nice mix of gameplay. The presentation is very much in that "well, it's coherent, but still very much an unnatural platform environment" mold that we saw a lot of in LBP2 (especially with this material set...i think it's come up at least 3times over the course of the series). Still, while i walked away feeling the level was a bit overlong, i still found it overall pretty enjoyable. There are a lot of charming little touches. i forgot to mention, but, i found my clone in the level too.

Sackboy's Running Trails - cristobol1996cri
    i wonder, do you think the 1996 in cristobol's name means "born in 1996"? That'd make them 21, so it's certainly possible; but i graduated HS in 1996, so...yeah...feelin' kinda old. i really found myself enjoying this one more and more the more i played it. It's not particularly challenging, but it's such a well crafted race. The point bubbles are well placed, and having to choose between timer and extra points is always nice. The pace is really steady, so even though the level's a bit long, it never really feels that way. Also, it's a very good example of background choice (which has nothing to do with the race aspect, but is still pretty nice).

Sackboy Can Do It! - DannyFerreira98
    This one's...not particularly pretty; though i did find it to have its own charm. i did like the depth of the level, and the fact you can see the later bits of the level; i don't know why, but i tend to like when creators do that. Gameplay is....not bad...there's at least a bit of a mix. i still find myself not really liking attract-o-gel all that much, i'm not really a big fan of the snapback on it. The first spinny obstacle definitely needs a bit of work, it kept on grinding me when it was supposed to launch me. At least i figured out that it's completely skippable if you just jump off the top of it.

Tiki In The Clouds - bielplayer34
    i think we can assume that the 34 here is not referring to a birthyear of 1934, yes? i mean, i suppose it's possible, but...probably not? Anyway, i came away this morning feeling much the same as i felt in the episode. i liked the environment, i liked the gameplay, i just wish there were a bit more to it. i do think the velociraptors could have been a little better placed, unless some of them were meant to kill the player, it's not always easy to tell.

So, that's the that for this week. Had a good enough amount of fun with the levels, so that's cool. Hope you found at least one to your liking as well. Thanks, as always, for all the support; and i hope whatever holidays you're rocking are great.

Episode 004 is done but for the PiPs, which i should be able to get to today, so that's nice. i'd wanted to get a Christmas episode of LBsP in, but that didn't turn out to be in the cards, but i should be able to get one up tomorrow, i think. i do have to meet a friend and his tattooist that evening...but still, there ought to be enough time. i think that's...yeah, that's about it, really.

17. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Right then, coming back around again!

Episode 004 - Dendrite

This time we're having a look at:

Eagle's Egg - ZHAiMR-0101
    Sky jump - Nightfall - SaltyCalf12345
    Meet the Boulders - mirjanneke
    "Antonio's Magic Dimension - goldsackboy
    In And Out - DocSilence

Looks like we finally got a mirjanneke level on the show, which is something i'd wanted to do for awhile now, so that's cool. All of the levels were pretty fun this time, which i always appreciate. Hopefully there'll be at least one in there that catches your eye. As always, thanks for all the support, and have a great day!

Got a fair whack of work done the last few days. i might have mentioned in the last LBsP post that we're half wrapped up on episode 005, i should be a bit further along on it, but seeing as we got 2 or 3episodes of LBsP done, i'm fairly ok with that. i've been reading through the old run of Hellraiser comics, and that's been nostalgic as heck. Ahh...aside from all that, yeah, pretty quiet closing out the year it looks.

PSN
    waffle_king23

Just a quick heads up to folks, this week's Tuesday Takeaway will actually be a Wednesday Takeaway. We're going to be heading up to Amanohashidate tomorrow, which should be neat, but is also like three and a half hours from Osaka, so we've got to leave pretty early in the morning.

Hope you all have a good New Year's Day, or at least one with the smallest hangover you'll have this year (which, i suppose could be taken as a blessing or a curse).

20. Thanks!

PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Hi waffleking23,

also a good New Year's Day to you and your family! Amanohashidate is looking like a realy lovely place, so I wish you a fine trip and a lot of fun there!

Many greetings, Jürgen^^

PSN
    waffle_king23

We had a great time, thanks! Even with the day often getting overcast, it was still quite beautiful.

Woop woop, Wednesday Takeaway!

Eagle's egg - ZHAiMR-0101

It's solid enough i suppose, but sometimes it feels like a lot of the Swoop levels are hitting the same notes. i suppose there's not an awful lot to do with Swoop, but then i think about DiamondDiancie's Swoop's Dreamland, or Thinga-ma-jig's Swooper. It's not impossible to make a Swoop level that stands out. There's not too much to say about this one, though i still found the environment nice enough (though let's keep our grabbable floor materials non-grabbable, yes?), and the sponge keys still break.

Sky jump - Nightfall - SaltyCalf12345

Every now and then i find one of these blocky environment levels that really work for me like this one. The material choices are well-done, and i like that the focus is kept on gameplay throughout. There's nothing excessively stressful to it, but the pace is nice and smooth, and i never really felt like i'd been stopped in my progress. The music is really nice too. Even through things are simple, i found myself having a really good time even on my...ehh...5th playthrough?

Meet the Boulders - mirjanneke

i'm really glad i finally got to show off one of mir's levels, but i have to be honest and say that this is not my favourite of hers. The pacing is just a touch too sluggish, and the lack of musical change really starts to wear after awhile. Still, it is nice that the characters are differentiated in ability, and the level doesn't lack for charm. It's just too long for me to really feel like going back to again.

"Antonio's Magic Dimension" - goldsackboy

i found myself liking this one a lot more this go around. i'm still a little salty about the constantly changing climbable materials, but generally they're not switching up during potentially lethal set pieces. The environment is a good example of weird, but not truly random, there is a cohesion to how things are put together and presented that i appreciate. The adventure board killed me at the end again, which...i'm not sure what's going on with that. It's not the first time it's come up. Though, this time i did notice that the death actually happens after the results are logged, so the level is completable in a sense.

In and Out - DocSilence

Hmm...this one got picked for Level of the Day today. How...interesting. But pleasing, because i really did like this one. These types of levels really do benefit from a number of replays, and i ended up getting myself to third on the leaderboards, though i was still making some pretty stupid mistakes. The one issue that seemed to come up was the pipes, they really do seem to steal your momentum at times, which can make nailing the following jumps impossible. Don't know if i remembered to mention in the episode, but the music is really good as well.

So, that's the that for episode 004, i guess. Some solid quality this go about. Hope there was a level that stood out for you. Thanks as always for the support, and have a great day!

Behind the Curtain Stuffs

Amanohashidate was really cool. i kind of wish my camera wasn't borked, there were a few times where i could see a really nice picture just waiting to be taken. The going-to and coming-back weren't nearly as tiresome as they could have been, because i recently picked up Isaac on the Switch.

Oh Entropy...i picked up Isaac on the Switch. i should probably get my head examined, but it is just too good, and really benefits from being handheld.

Umm...what else? Finally got to watch season one of American Gods (was a really quick localization, as these things usually go). i think i liked it. It's hard to judge fairly, because the book is so close to my heart. For the most part i thought the changes were fairly well handled, but for the switch to Wednesday's plan as revealed in the finale (in the book it seems more, let's whack the New Gods before they whack us). Czernobog was excellent, though very different from how he read in my mind. Anansi was cool too, and i really wish the two of them had gotten more focus. i appreciated the expansion on Laura and Mad Sweeny, and was surprisingly taken with Salim. Will be interested to see how things go in Season two.

Ahh....we will be really busy with finishing up episodes 005 and 006 today and tomorrow. Like, so busy.

PSN
    waffle_king23

Right then folks, back again for a fresh installment here!

Elucidate

This week we're having a look at:

Go Go Boost Boots Panic! - pinkygurl
    Back In The Land of Frost - pcgt06
    Mt.Chocolate - Al-Void400
    spliced - pepitoelcojo
    Te Waonui o Tane - Aratiatia

A pretty fair amount of fun, and even the clunky levels weren't terrible. Hopefully there'll be something in the set to catch your eye. As always, thanks for all the support, and have a great day!

Not too much to say, really. i should have gotten the PiPs done sooner for this week's episode, but it didn't really come back and bite me in the bum, so i guess that's ok. i'm going to take care of 006's PiPs right now, since i have the time. Today's the last day of my vacation and...it's funny, i suppose. Usually, when i have a long break, by the end i feel like i've had enough, and am ready to get back to work. Not this time, this time i've just got a low-grade antipathy at the prospect. Probably means i've overstayed at this job (14years now).

24. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Is it really? Is it Tuesday Takeaway? Yes! Yes it is.

Go Go Boost Boots Panic!!! - pinkygurl

Yar...the monkeybars. They just kill the heck out of the momentum. The rest of it is fun enough, and some of it is quite tricky, but i had a good enough time here. i'm not entirely sure the Floaty Fluid and Hoverboard were really all that necessary, though. The level's not the prettiest, but i think you're supposed to be moving quickly enough to not really notice it.

Back In The Land of Frost - pcgt06

Ahh...i don't want to rag on this level, it's clear the creator had a fair amount of enthusiasm putting it together, but it's really not all that great in the end. It's a bit over crammed with the power-ups, and aside from the Meltinator, they don't see much use. The level feels pretty empty, and it's not really helped by the decorative style. Still, having said all that, i'm not sure that i could do much better.

Mt.Chocolate - Al-Void400

i do appreciate a fairly straight-forward platformer from time to time, and that's what we get here. It's not really pushing the envelope in the design or logic, but it accomplishes what it sets out to do pretty well. Like i mentioned in the video, i wasn't entirely enamoured with how they handled the climbing, but like "Antonio's Magic Dimension," it's generally contained enough that it's not going to be confusing, but it is pretty annoying.

spliced - pepitoelcojo

i like how this level starts off so much, the end really stings all the more. The design and materials are great. i liked those expanding blocks, as tricky as they are, and the music is really keen. But then, it just ends in this blocky chunk of meh. Also, weird thing, and probably my brain misfiring, but i don't remember having a grappling hook when i played for the episode...i'm going to have to rewatch it. i did have one this go around, but it didn't really help with the expando-blocks, and once i died, it was gone for good.

Te Waonui o Tane - Aratiatia

Man...this is such a neat little level, and you can feel the love the creator had for it while creating. It's such a shame that Sumo never got dThermo to work like it was supposed to, because this one just gets slammed with load/lag on account of it. Saa...i suppose even angels have flaws. There's still one secret that i have left to find, and i think i may actually sit through the loading one more time to try and do it. It's a shameful thing, but basically everything i know about NZ comes from BrainDead and Heavenly Creatures, which, to be honest, are much better movies than the LotR series. Yeah, i said it, but frankly, they've stayed in my mind much longer than LotR has.

So, that's the that. Nothing showing up this week was particularly bad, and i had a pretty good time playing through everything. Hopefully you had some fun with these as well. As always, thanks for all the support, and i hope you have a great day!

So...i had an early shift yesterday, and at a school that's way farther out than the one i usually teach at, and no one told me. So, that was cool. Luckily my paranoia is enough that i'd checked my schedule early, just to be safe, but it did mean that my Monday was basically scrapped for any production, and that kind of sucks. It shouldn't put me off my schedule too much, i don't think the hub for episode 007 will require anything too complex, but it does mean there probably won't be an LBsP until Thursday, maybe.

Had fun introducing Honoka and Manny this week. i don't know how long they'll be sticking around, probably at least a month or so. i wanted to try out some new characters, but i didn't want to introduce someone completely new, if that makes sense? We'll have to find out what happened to their friend, beyond the fact that i didn't really want to juggle 3characters (4 if you include myself as a character) in the hub at the same time.

26. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! We're back for another go around!

Episode 006 - Fungible

This time we'll be having a look at:

Little Girl - abood-12
    A Walk Amongst The Fire - The_Snooth
    9 - GUBSGUBS
    4-Way Platformer - Archetypervb
    Milkshake Refinery - Twinz401

Had a pretty good time with these levels. Of course, Little Girl got picked up for Level of the Week, so...meh, that's a thing that happens. Still, it's a good set, and hopefully you'll find something that floats your boat in there. As always, thanks for all the support, and have a great day!

So...LittleBigNetwork is down? Maybe? When i try to go there, i get a "Driver Error" message, something something wrong with their database? Anyway, i think it's an issue on their end, and not mine, for once. Still, if you can access the site, let me know. And give them a heads up that i didn't forget the week's update? i'd appreciate it.
    i...didn't get as much done with episode 007 yesterday as i'd wanted. i could blame it on debugging, but that would only be partially true. i got wrapped up with reading through Worm again, now that Wildbow's started up the sequel. It's a...flawed work, i really think he could use a professional editor, and i don't buy some of the arguments presented (though i'm not sure that they're Wildbow's arguments, per se, and not things that would organically develop in the world he's created, but that's neither here nor there); but i still find it to be fairly engrossing reading. But, it is long as heck.
    i should be able to get 007 wrapped by this evening, which keeps me on schedule, but i don't know if that will leave me time to do an LBsP; though i should have my Monday morning open for that, since i don't have a morning shift this time.

28. Thanks!

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 834
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

My highlight of the week!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Hokee dokee, very groggy Tuesday Takeaway!

Little Girl - abood-12 Weird thing, but this morning, i had no trouble with nailing the hitboxes on the mice...and to compensate for that improvement in skill, i simply could not keep myself from running or falling on to the spikes. Maybe i can only be decent at one thing at any given time. At any rate...it's a fun level for what it is, but i'm not entirely sure it deserves to be Level of the Week. It does everything it's trying to do well, but in the end, it is a fairly slight old school platformer.

A Walk Amongst the Flames - The_Snooth i think i had more fun with this one this time around. It's not big or super complex, but that's ok considering it keeps a nice, smooth pace throughout the level. The attract-o-gel bit is the real problem, it's just so easy to run right off the edge of the platform, even when you know what's supposed to happen there. i think i've used attract-o-gel all of once in creating, so i can't remember, but, can you set it to have a stronger attraction, i wonder?

9 - GUBSGUBS Apparently all of my skill went right out the window at this point, but i could not keep myself from getting fire-bounced to death this go around. The cameras on the second set of fire hazards really didn't help.

4-way Platformer - Archetypervb Conceptually, making a level built around all of the characters is pretty neat, especially since archetyperb has given them all a fair amount to do. In practice, though, it's all a little too much for me. It's hard to justify spending a half-hour in a level, unless it is just out-of-this-world good. This one's not bad, i'd even go so far as to say it is, in fact, good; just not good enough for that kind of time investment.

Milkshake Refinery - Twinz401 Correct me if i'm wrong, but the Tan Shoelaces song used to play through the entire level...didn't it? Like i have this really strong memory of wanting to mute the game well before the end. Playing this morning, it only came on at the very end of the level, and it really weirded me out. i suppose my brain could be going sideways on me...that is always a possibility. At the very least the level itself was just as well-done this time as it was the first, so that's nice.

So...yeah...that's the that. Thanks as always for the support, and have a great day!

Did i say i wasn't working early yesterday? Because what i really meant was i was completely working early yesterday. Good thing i checked my shift the night before. So, Monday, no production got done. There was a little shindig last night that...may have gotten a little out of hand, so the evening was a wash for getting things done. Woke up this morning paying for the drinking last night, so...yeah... Well, that's the whole reason for keeping a week ahead i suppose. Gah...feels like my brain is trying to crawl out my eyesocket. Oh...and we forgot to buy soap, so i can't even get a wake-up shower until the store opens. Blarg...

PSN
    waffle_king23

Yusss...is Friday! Time for another R15F Rodeo!

Episode 008 - Geist

This week we're having a look at:

Anpanman: Baikin Castle - iwi-iwi
    Moth Garden - VilletteVillain
    Hootler's Revenge - EmperorGeno
    Return of Mr Sandman - EnochRoot
    Cape Carnival - Robots_Shadows

Pretty fun set this time around. Of course Cape Carnival got nabbed for Level of the Day, but at least the recording got done before. Hope you find something you enjoy. Thanks for the support and feedback, as always, and have a great day!

Behind the Scenes Stuffs
    Not too much that didn't get mentioned in the LBsP post. Honeybunny's going to be super busy today, so i should be able to get episode 008 wrapped up (the recordings at the very least, if not the PiPs). Might get an LBsP in as well, but that could be pushing it a bit.

32. Thanks!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast