BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

2. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MofoSuperVillain View Post

@blacksackman You left this comment on my level: "Good job but the gameplay idea was copied from @mpggsmpggs and his Quick Change level..." That particular idea is one that should be copied.
    Copying without giving credit to the original creator is not something that should be looked lightly upon in my book, hence why I felt obligated to leave that comment out of respect to the original creator.
    Last edited by blacksackman; 02-13-2018 at 03:04 PM.

LBPC Contest CrewRoyal High Alchemist Pookachoo's Avatar
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 343
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered Created Album pictures 30 days registered 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Pookachoo
    Blog Entries

Any more level links to post? Judging will begin soon

Please keep discussions about each other’s levels elsewhere, this thread isn’t really the place for giving critiques.

- - - - - - - - - -

This is our list of contest levels, if we’ve missed anyone please let us know right away

LBPC15 ~ Follow Your DreAmS
    by xxAlexInLbpxx
    https://lbp.me/v/q2qbwfp/topreviews?p=1&l=12

(LBPC15) Expand Toggle!
    by blacksackman
    https://lbp.me/v/q2q10rr

Create A Valentine (LBPC15) Mini Game
    by lbphart3
    https://lbp.me/v/q2qb9xh/activity

(LBPC15) An unexpected change.
    by ThomasDorland
    https://lbp.me/v/q2q-92n/topreviews?p=1&l=12

(LBPC15) The Orphan
    by VilletteVillain
    https://lbp.me/v/q2gks8b/trailer?p=1&l=12

(LBPC15) Light & Dark - Platformer
    by SuperK96
    https://lbp.me/v/q2mv40v/trailer?p=1&l=12

(LBPC15) The Snowy year
    by MineValubleOres
    https://lbp.me/v/q2ncn-e/topreviews?p=1&l=12

I'm rescinding my entry, good luck everyone else.

@blacksackman: I've put some thought into it and I really should credit mpggsmpggs for that idea.

6. Thanks!

German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Hi MofoSuperVillain, thats a pity, but its naturally your decision that we have to accept!
    ...I will play your level nevertheless even if its not an official entry anymore!
    Thanks and have a fine weekend, Jürgen^^
    Last edited by CuriousSack; 02-16-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Last edited by MofoSuperVillain; 02-16-2018 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MofoSuperVillain View Post
    I appreciated your comment, and it actually made me think back on why I didn't originally credit mpggsmpggs. I'm pretty sure Quick change (Platformer) gives away the quick change logic if you score 69,000 points or more which led me to believe mpggsmpggs wanted people to reuse that idea. Also I'm aware I could have easily changed the description. I've actually got three other levels that use the same mechanic and I have gone back and given mpggsmpggs credit for the power up and switching idea.

More than just credit issue factored into my decision to rescind my entry and delete the level.

Okay, I respect your decision, the credit thing was no big deal but but your actions are understandable.

CuriousSack: You got the names wrong! I have no plans on deleting my entry! I didn't spend hard work on it for nothing!

MofoSuperVillain: Why delete your posts, you are just confusing the readers, It makes me look like I respond to nothing! So I quoted one of your old replies but I didn't have time to capture the other.
    Last edited by blacksackman; 02-16-2018 at 12:38 PM.

10. Thanks!

jwwphotos told me everything I write is spam. Seriously I can't really explain why I deleted my posts without sounding crazy.
    Last edited by MofoSuperVillain; 02-16-2018 at 12:09 PM.

12. Thanks!

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,612
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

I did not say everything you write is spam. It was in reference to another post. Gheeesh... lol
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

14. Thanks!

German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Sorry, blacksackman, you've been right, I really got the names wrong! ...maybe I should get me more sleep! ;p

16. Thanks!

Here's my entry guys (By me and Precipite2)
    I know it's technically too late but I hope you could still have a look at it
    I think I've improved a lot over the last couple of moths!
    It has been a great experience so far. And this has honestly become my favorite community out there. I love all of you no matter what.
    I'm probably not gonna win, but I'm happy to participate and continue to spread my message of hypothetical Omnibenevolence in my utopian dream world.
    I know the world might seem kind of bland and pointless at times, but as the wise existentialist Albert Camus once said "The literal meaning of life is whatever you're doing that prevents you from committing suicide"
    Whether or not you're a theist or atheist
    And no matter if your moral compass is based on Kantian ethics or Utilitarianism or even Nietzsches utter and ultimate nihilism
    We can all agree, that we would like to be free. Even if you're more of a determinist rather than a liberal indeterminist.
    We should all seek to create our essence including our essential properties (moral code).
    Or as Sartre put it: Stop living in bad faith! (Unwillingness to accept the absurd)

Thank you everyone...
    I love you guys

https://lbp.me/v/q2ryffw/activity
    Last edited by Muzlera; 02-16-2018 at 07:11 PM.

18. Thanks!

100 Experience Points 7 days registered Created Album pictures 30 days registered 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Pookachoo
    Blog Entries

Apologies, but the deadline was three days ago and we cannot accept levels that were published/modified this late - it would be unfair to the other participants.

20. Thanks!

Oh alright but yesterday you wrote
    Any more level links to post? Judging will begin soon
    so I thought you might be able to include me as there are no other levels marked with (LBPC15) that aren't included on your list of participants.

It would mean a lot to us as we'd love to participate

22. Thanks!

PSN
    Pookachoo
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Muzlera View Post
    Oh alright but yesterday you wrote so I thought you might be able to include me as there are no other levels marked with (LBPC15) that aren't included on your list of participants.

It would mean a lot to us as we'd love to participate
    If we had failed to include a level in our list, but the level had been published on time, it would still be eligible.
    Sometimes the LBP search is not 100% reliable and that’s why we ask that everyone post level links.

We certainly don’t wish to exclude you, it’s just that 3 days is a quite a bit of extra time which other creators did not have. We need to be somewhat strict about the rules in the interest of fairness to all the participants.

Honestly, I don't see why we can't be included when the judging process hasn't even started yet but Okay.
    All of that hard work for nothing, I guess

PSN
    Pookachoo
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Muzlera View Post
    Honestly, I don't see why we can't be included when the judging process hasn't even started yet but Okay.
    All of that hard work for nothing, I guess
    Hopefully you at least had an enjoyable creative experience.

The deadline was clearly stated in the rules, and all the other participants stopped working on their levels by that time. I’m sure you can sympathize with the fact that allowing just one participant to work for an extra 3 days would not be right by the other creators.
    The bottom line is that the contest crew needs to act in the interest of a fair and balanced competition, without bias.

Quote Originally Posted by jwwphotos View Post
    I did not say everything you write is spam. It was in reference to another post. Gheeesh... lol
    I was just joking about that.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,086
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

I am terrible at sarcasm and irony. I always feel like a idiot when it turns out to be sarcasm or irony instead of a real statement.

Whatever, the judging already begun. The crew will play the levels and we'll announce the results when we're ready. Thanks for joining the contest.
    Last edited by mdkd99; 02-18-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 523
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    gurren009

Good luck to everyone in the contest and have fun playing the levels judges!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast