BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Site Rebranding

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,556
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Thanks so much. That means a bunch. I know what this site has always meant to me and why I struggled so hard to revive it a few years back and why I struggle so hard with keeping it alive. You are all like my family and cherish all the times we had here. Well.. except some of the shouty bits from a few folks. lol

As far as "Just to clarify, the data will not be transferred to another site?"

No.. I have offered, but as no one took me up on it, I have no plans to at this point. I may save it all off somewhere though. I hate saying goodbye.. lol
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

Sackperson Private koltonaugust's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 882
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHOUTY BITS FROM SOME OF US D:<

But honestly, I get your decision. Imo Dreamsverse is essentially the same functionality as LBPC (hopefully they will add psn id's so that I can access their dreams easier, but idk if dreams will have an lbp.me site)

Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Shouty bits from some of you that we ended up the "discussion" via the ban hammer.

Better? lol

I would think they could add PSN, as they run vBulletin as well. I didn't realize they didn't have that.

4. Thanks!

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,040
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

I'll be sad when this site bites the dust, but I'm glad I could maybe help with the contests a little bit and make threads active. Thanks for providing a platform and a community here, jww!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Most welcome... I have enjoyed my time as keeper of the site. I really appreciate you jumping in and helping getting the contest crew moving again.

I hope everyone does join us over at Dreamsverse. To me, that is our site rebranding. Exactly what most of you were wanting and already there.

7. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jwwphotos View Post
    Most welcome... I have enjoyed my time as keeper of the site. I really appreciate you jumping in and helping getting the contest crew moving again.

I hope everyone does join us over at Dreamsverse. To me, that is our site rebranding. Exactly what most of you were wanting and already there.
    I've been a member of Dreamverse for quite some time. I go by the name of LoudMouse over there but I haven't been active for a while. I'm going to be really honest here so I hope you don't take offence: There's something about the colour selection and layout that doesn't feel as welcoming as this forum. It's a small thing, I know, but something draws me here and it's partly to do with the presentation. It was certainly the main reason I continued coming at the very beginning.

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    olit123

Quote Originally Posted by GribbleGrunger View Post
    I've been a member of Dreamverse for quite some time. I go by the name of LoudMouse over there but I haven't been active for a while. I'm going to be really honest here so I hope you don't take offence: There's something about the colour selection and layout that doesn't feel as welcoming as this forum. It's a small thing, I know, but something draws me here and it's partly to do with the presentation. It was certainly the main reason I continued coming at the very beginning.
    Yeh man the look of the other fan sites kinda put me off. It's funny that something so inconsequential should have such an effect but it does.

jwwphotos I understand why you would want to put this site to rest but I really do hope you can pass it on to someone who wants to keep it going. I would do it but I don't think I have the money or technical knowledge

IMO competition is good and there is room for dreamsverse, impspace, dreambubble AND dreamercentral

Remember how many different fansites were flourishing when LBP was first released?

7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

I completely agree. While I normally like the dark blue, black color scheme, for an Mm game I feel like it misses their style. I feel like warm and vibrant colors are the ones LBPC uses and are much more welcoming. I find this sites theme the best I have seen on any forum of this style. Fashionable, functional and doesn't require a great internet connection to access.

11. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by koltonaugust View Post
    I completely agree. While I normally like the dark blue, black color scheme, for an Mm game I feel like it misses their style. I feel like warm and vibrant colors are the ones LBPC uses and are much more welcoming. I find this sites theme the best I have seen on any forum of this style. Fashionable, functional and doesn't require a great internet connection to access.
    Speaking of colour, have you noticed how Dreams has upped the vibrancy recently? It crept up so stealthily I hadn't noticed at first but when you go back and watch older footage, there's more of a pastel-like colour pallet back then. The recent LBP stream demonstrates it perfectly.

PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

I'm betting it had to do with them recreating their engine multiple times. Here's a comparison of 3 years ago and 8 months ago. I'm betting these were both their final engine or very similar to it. You can tell that either Kareem is using different strokes for the "materials" or the way it was rendered differed or they made it more loose.
    3 Years Ago:

8 Months Ago:

Differences are lighting and extra grass and stuff on the other one as clearly it is more polished, but still quite different! When quickly watching the video it almost looks less accurate now with better looking results (less clear shakiness on sculpting, less hard edges).
    Last edited by koltonaugust; 6 Days Ago at 10:03 AM.

14. Thanks!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

I just hope the lighting doesn't change horribly like from LBP1 to LBP2. ...but what exactly is this to do with site rebranding you ask? Well... me too.

..but I do agree, Dreams colors seem less muted now.

I just hope the lighting doesn't change horribly like from LBP1 to LBP2. ...but what exactly is this to do with site rebranding you ask? Well... me too.

..but I do agree, Dreams colors seem less muted now.
    Perhaps that less muted colour pallet could be replicated on the Dreamverse forums ...?

There you go, I brought it full circle!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Perhaps that less muted colour pallet could be replicated on the Dreamverse forums ...?

There you go, I brought it full circle!
    LOL!!! Awesome... and perhaps you will share that with them.

18. Thanks!

LOL!!! Awesome... and perhaps you will share that with them.
    Oh, I thought you were also part of that forum.

20. Thanks!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

I joined it.. that's about it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4