BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Site Rebranding

MM Central could be a nice name, but after all JWW decides things.

2. Thanks!

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,231
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GribbleGrunger View Post
    Has there been any serious movement on this idea? I really think it will drive more traffic here and the main focus will be Dreams, not LBP.
    I commented on this back in January

Edit: Sorry to be so brief in the comment above, but none of my keyboards have been working for the past few days after installing a new gaming pad. I did that with the virtual keyboard. I hate that! lol I finally got a wireless one working today. Gheeeesh!!

I do enjoy seeing all the comments back and forth. I just have a bit of difficulty where it seems so obvious a decision either way for most of you. I think my comment back in January pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject, but I am willing to listen to more arguments.
    Last edited by jwwphotos; 03-03-2018 at 03:32 PM. Reason: update
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

4. Thanks!

Sackperson Private koltonaugust's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

I don't think it's an obvious choice at all. On the one hand LBPCentral allows for older players to find this forum easier when coming back, but on the other hand new players would probably go to sites more directly named to dreams. Overall I sway on the side of MMcentral as it provides a means to keep LBP on the forum and bring in new people. I mainly say this because there probably won't be as many people who come back for dreams as we all expect. It's been 10 years (this October) since LBP1 came out and some people just never followed MM all the way. My suggestion would be create a news article that says LittleBigPlanetCentral (LBPCentral) has been changed to MMcentral (for google searches to redirect). But I'm not ENTIRELY convinced this is the way to go.

Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Good thoughts.. Thanks much! Gives me some ideas.

7. Thanks!

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    gurren009

Here are some of my ideas:

"Little Big Dreams Central"

"Little Big Planet&Dreams Central"

"Dreams Central" (but still containing all of the LBP forums)

Everything has its positive and negative side, but I think that what weighs the most for the positive side should be at least taken into consideration...

Why don't we analyze the situation in a more ... fragmented way?

In case LBPCentral stays exactly the same (visually and the name):

- Older members would always come back here and recognize the forum.
    - In case a LBP4 gets announced, there will be a lot more new members here.

In case LBPCentral changes visually and the name:

- New members (from Dreams) would feel a really 'fresh start' from the community.
    - Dreams's players and creators would start showing up a lot.

Feel free to add more to the list.

- - -

My suggestion is that we don't change the name, but change all the visual and aesthetic from the forum.

If we make it clear in the start (I mean, the first thing you see when you open the site, the "LBP CENTRAL" and those pretty screenshots) that this is a site focused NOT ONLY in Dreams BUT ALSO in LBP, both communities from both games would come together as one cute entity.

That said, I think it is necessary that the aesthetic and design relates to both LBP & Dreams, not only Dreams, and not only LBP (as it stands now).

- Older members would always come back here and recognize the forum (PLUS people that don't know Dreams would start knowing about it)
    - In case a LBP4 gets announced, there will be a lot more of new members here.
    - New members (and old members) would feel a really 'fresh start' from the community.
    - Dreams's players and creators would start showing up a lot.

aaaand,
    That said, I think warlord_evil gave a really nice idea - what if the 'LBP' gets a new meaning? I don't think it is actually necessary, but it may help people think that this is not a LBP-only forum.
    Last edited by cakito123; 04-04-2018 at 03:26 PM.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 886
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

Cool ideas, Cakito!

To be honest, there is already a handful of established forums made for Dreams and I don't see why we need an extra one. Why divide the fan-base for Dreams into several forums when we could all just focus on one and make it grow bigger than any of the top LBP fan-sites back in the day. I do appreciate that this site is still being kept alive with money from a generous person and I'd love to contribute economically when I have secured my investments so to speak. I personally like the idea of an LBP forum that I still can visit to discuss LBP only. I understand that things must change in order to keep LBPCentral alive but my suggestion is to only add a bigger Dreams section instead of completely evolving into a Dreams forum. That way this site can still keep LBP as a central core.
    Last edited by blacksackman; 04-08-2018 at 02:03 PM.

12. Thanks!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Very good thoughts.

Curious... when you say larger Dreams section, what are you thinking? I can always add more forums in the Dreams area. Easy Peasy.

German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 602
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Hahaha, I don't feel addressed now!

15. Thanks!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Oh gheeeeeze... lol

17. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jwwphotos View Post
    Very good thoughts.

Curious... when you say larger Dreams section, what are you thinking? I can always add more forums in the Dreams area. Easy Peasy.
    I think that it's too early to fully implement a bigger Dreams section on this site. I'd say that the best time is when there's a confirmed Beta so we can have a Beta section. After that I think that all LBP sections should be reduced into fewer categories and depending on what new features are revealed in Dreams, there could be categories tailored after in-game features. LBP currently takes up the majority of space and the optimal steps for a change would be to have Dreams categories replace a bigger chunk of that space in the future, while retaining a smaller reserved space for LBP stuff. The bottom line is that it's too early to go into details regarding a change but other people might also have some suggestions.
    Last edited by blacksackman; 04-09-2018 at 08:05 AM.

19. Thanks!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

I scaled the LBP stuff back quite a bit already, but I will look into doing a bit more as the time comes.

21. Thanks!

7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

I don't know...
    Putting all the threads about projects, ideas and topics into 3-4 categories doesn't sound good to me. I like how it right now. And when Dreams is out and when you know what kind of levels you can make and what's going on we can add the sections for it.

After all LBP Central is LBP Central in my opinion. Some folks might return, but it's likely that new Dreams players won't really find this froum/register here. Those are just my 2 cents though.

23. Thanks!

I mean it's a gamble either way. Even if the site goes through a complete remake with a new name and design it's not a guarantee that it will succeed due to other already established forums made for Dreams. It's really just a risk for one person - the person that is funding this site and keeping it running. The best approach would be to slowly add in more Dreams sections and see whether the current users stay active there or not. Unless there is a new LBP game soon the old LBP sections will mostly lay there there to collect dust, which is why I recommend to scale it down further to keep the site clean. The is nothing worse than a dying site holding onto empty forums just because of nostalgia or whatever you call it. If added Dreams sections doesn't attract old and new visitors then it's better let LBPC end with it's head held high.

25. Thanks!

PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

Even if LBPC isn't the number one site when Dreams comes out and when there is no LBP game in 1 year, 2 years or more, I want to visit this forum and use it as some kind of archive. Closing LBPC wouldn't be good in my opinion. It's like deleting a certain part of your life as if it never happened. Drastically speaking. And while money seems to be a core argument here, it didn't sound like JWW was poor because of the server costs from what I remember. Of course there is also the question 'is it worth it?' Without any users on the site it is useless, but even when less posts are made here, many users still seem to visit this site.

When I scroll through old topics I can find them easily. If JWW decided to combine the categories, you'd have soo many threads in one category. How would you be able to find a certain thread? Simple categories would work better than filters here. And if you added a 'category' option to the filters, it would be unnecessary work in my opinion.

27. Thanks!

I was thinking the exactly same thing with LBN after it ended, so to speak. While it's not exactly the same scenario we will probably never get it back, so much valuable information lost. I see you used an analogy for life but you must also realize that we just need to let go of some things sometimes, no mater how attached we are. While it would be sad to see another great LBP forum end, it's also a natural process - all things has an end and sometimes prolonging something that should've ended naturally is not healthy for the site or the individual. Forums are generally dying everywhere, it just doesn't apply for LBP forums, they have been on a steady decline for some years now. Ultimately it's up to the owner of the site to decide whether to continue or not. As long as it's up I will visit LBPC and I'm ready to see a closure that will inevitably happen. I think I've said enough regarding this topic now and I will hold it here before it turns into a rant haha.

29. Thanks!

PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

I'm just saying when LBP Central itself is closed it should still be accesssble as a archive.

31. Thanks!

Oh, come on people. It's not the end, it's a new beginning. I'll certainly be linking here if people ask for a decent Dreams related forum and I'm sure many other would too if they just rebranded the site. It will drop off for a while but we (the creators) can easily bring it back.

- - - - - - - - - -

Thinking about it, you could just go all out and call it DreamsCentral. If we really want this site to continue on and become the success it once was then that would definitely do it, but it has to hit the floor running and so it has to be done NOW, not later after other sites have hoovered up the hype. After the name change, you could then move all the Dreams related topics to the top of the forum so that's what people see immediately when they click the link.

You NEED to do this.

PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

I agree, when Dreams comes out there need to be a few forums and after that a name change is too late. But it depends on what LBP Central is supposed to be. Is it a forum about LBP or will it be about Dreams?

The name 'DreamsCentral' sounds quite simple and I'm not sure if Jww likes it. 'MMCentral' sounds too official, as if it was a official forum. A name that includes something with 'Creativity' or 'Building, playing and sharing' would also be cool.

It's up to Jww now.

34. Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast