BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Site Rebranding

Default Site Rebranding

I mentioned this elsewhere but I think it would be a good idea to rebrand this site to reflect the diversity of the developers behind their work. I would really consider this in order to compete with the inevitable slew of new forums that are going to spring up when Dreams releases. My current suggestions are:

MMCentral
    CreateCentral

2. Thanks!

Sackperson Private koltonaugust's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 782
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

As much as it saddens me, I do think this is necessary. I vote for MMcentral.

4. Thanks!

German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,558
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

MMCentral seems to be a good idea to me!

6. Thanks!

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 609
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    waffle_king23

While i do like Media Molecule more than is likely healthy...i imagine the site's still going to be featuring LBP stuffs as well as Dreams. Whether we like Sumo and Tarisier (and United Front if we're counting LBPK, which we should), they've carried a fair amount of water for the series, and they deserve credit for that. So...maybe CreateCentral or some variant of that would be best?

100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Convincing arguments, waffleking!

9. Thanks!

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewLBPCentral Spotlight Crew fireblitz95's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 140
    PSN
    fireblitz95
    Blog Entries

Out of the two suggestions, I’m thinking the same as waffleking and would prefer CreateCentral or something else entirely, any other suggestions?
    Last edited by fireblitz95; 12-26-2017 at 08:03 AM.

"Stay positive, have fun, and enjoy yourself.
    Together, as a community, we will reach our goals."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also follow me on Twitter, @fireblitz95

7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

My argument against waffleking's point is that this site is dedicated to all of MM's projects (including tearaway which isn't create). While Other companies may have worked on some of the games, they all worked under MM's IP. The other point is that there are many create games that LBPcentral does not cover, so I don't really see going general with it, as I believe it would be harder to find.

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 609
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    waffle_king23

A good and fair point, kolton. Undercut just a touch by the subforum for MineCraft and Mario Maker and the like; but still, we wouldn't be here if MM hadn't gotten the ball rolling.

13. Thanks!

PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by waffleking23 View Post
    A good and fair point, kolton. Undercut just a touch by the subforum for MineCraft and Mario Maker and the like; but still, we wouldn't be here if MM hadn't gotten the ball rolling.
    I thought about that as well, but those sections have never really took off. In fact, most have 1 thread and the total of the non MM IP threads is less than Run Sackboy Run (11(nonMM) VS 14(RSR)). I would be cool with both names, I just also think MmCentral would be easier to find (and type :P) since people googling dreams generally have to type media molecule dreams which would connect with google's search algorithm to link here more often than with CreateCentral. When I think CreateCentral, I think back to Spore which really started the whole play, create, share ideology in mainstream gaming.

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,900
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

To be very honest, this site continuing at all has been a wait and see adventure with Dreams, especially since these days I am the only one paying for the care and feeding for the site. Not meaning anything by that as I enjoy keeping this running, but it does weigh in on my decisions a bit as it is another expense, for yet another hobby. (I have too many.. but not to worry, most are way more expensive than this!! lol)

Concerning rebranding... It is an easy thing to get included on searches for Dreams, so rebranding hadn't really crossed my mind at all. I did have planned updating the graphics to make it more Dreamesque though. Just really hadn't thought about the name.

I enjoy the discussion as I value any and all suggestions. So please continue.
    Last edited by jwwphotos; 12-29-2017 at 03:14 PM.
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

Ooooo, now I'm excited for the graphic updates! Actually this is probably what I care about the most.

Since the site has grown beyond the scope of LittleBigPlanet, then the acronym no longer fits. If you can't change the URL of the site and have it redirect to a newly named website, just change the acronym of LBP from LittleBigPlanet to something else.

Love Build Play?

Learn Build Play?

Little Big Porcupine?

The possibilities are endless!

Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Nice thought actually.. lol

I think the name should stay the same. LittleBigPlanet is not only a game, but also a kind of idea. Play Create Share - behind it there's a feeling of warmth... of nostalgia... of a community that'll be turning ten pretty soon. Multiple generations come together to play, and in creating, do so for each other. What other art form can do that?
    It's crazy. I started playing in 2010 when I was 10 years old with the usual gummy bear and bomb survival levels, 8 years later I have an mm pick, littlebigplanetarium pin, 3-4 contest entries under my belt, and thousands of hours of good memories. To change the name is an attempt at erasing them.
    Plus, lbp isn't done. It's a different experience then dreams. From speculation, dreams looks like it will demand more artistic skill and precision from creators. I think people will come back to lbp, I know I probably will. Can't leave sackboy behind :')
    In all, let's get Tarsier to make LBP4. AND WHERE IS LBP HUB?

PS:I think games are art because making one can be just as personal for both the player and creator as an painting or movie.
    PPS: I think waffleking23 is the guy who reviewed my level. What a coincidence.
    PPPS: for the record, I dont play bomb survivals and gummy bear levels anymore. That's the introductory phase to lbp I feel.

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jwwphotos View Post
    To be very honest, this site continuing at all has been a wait and see adventure with Dreams, especially since these days I am the only one paying for the care and feeding for the site. Not meaning anything by that as I enjoy keeping this running, but it does weigh in on my decisions a bit as it is another expense, for yet another hobby. (I have too many.. but not to worry, most are way more expensive than this!! lol)

Concerning rebranding... It is an easy thing to get included on searches for Dreams, so rebranding hadn't really crossed my mind at all. I did have planned updating the graphics to make it more Dreamesque though. Just really hadn't thought about the name.

I enjoy the discussion as I value any and all suggestions. So please continue.
    If you need help with that, I'm pretty good. I use photoshop daily - normally painting, but I can definitely work some graphics.
    Last edited by Wafflegod345; 01-03-2018 at 05:41 AM. Reason: updated my suggestion

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 658
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

I feel like both choices have advantages and disadvantages. Renaming the site would cause confusion for some older members who return, but leaving the name like that would prevent some new people from Dreams to join this site.

In the end I feel like leaving the name is the better option.

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

I tend to agree.

22. Thanks!

Out of the names suggested, I think MMCentral is the best option. CreateCentral sounds too generic and wide, especially when the focus of the site will be Dreams, LBP, and Tearaway over any others, due to those all being MM games. While other developers have worked or may even continue to work on LBP, I feel like most people associate that series with Media Molecule over anyone else, due to them being the initial creators.

Also, CreateCentral shortened could only be CCentral, which doesn't look as nice nor necessarily obvious of what it's a shortened version of. MMCentral could convey its meaning easier by seeing the site focuses on MM games, and the logo design of it could incorporate elements of MM branding styles, whereas no amount of styling on CCentral would imply the C stands for Create.

PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Thanks for your thoughts, moonface, and hahaha, I just noticed that MMCentral is sounding like the name of a train station!

I feel warlord_evil's idea is the best of those presented.

It provides continuity, so you don't confuse old members. I feel like it shows more creativity, which what all these games are about anyways, repurposing the current branding to fit however we want to expand.

Love build play - sounds the better of the 3 choices.

At the end of the day its the interaction in the forums itself which will attract more people to join us, and maybe some sweet graphics, because who doesn't like sweet graphics

Has there been any serious movement on this idea? I really think it will drive more traffic here and the main focus will be Dreams, not LBP.

27. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast