BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sackperson Sergeant Lord-Dreamerz's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    7 days registered Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gurren009 View Post
    Coming back to this, I also feel that it is partly on us, the community, for not participating in this contest.
    I thought this topic was over? Wasn't going to reply anymore, but i don't want you to feel to down about this.

I think you are taking all this little to seriously. It was just a contest for fun. There are no hard feelings about nobody entering. Just wait for my next contest and hope it has more luck. Hahaa!
    ~Lets go on a fantastic ADVENTURE!~

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    gurren009

I apologize. I was kind of in bad mood, and I was also pretty upset that this contest didn't get enough attention. As you said, I took this way more seriously than you wanted me or anyone to. My bad.

3. Thanks!

Sackperson Private koltonaugust's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 369
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

I wasn't going to weigh in, but nobody has said the reason I liked this contest soooo here goes! I liked it because I got to start a really big project but I got sidetracked on a minigame aspect of it. After a while I kind of just stopped playing LBP, for good I think. I just don't like gaming as much; I found new hobbies. I will say that this project was definitely top 3 projects I've worked on in LittleBigPlanet1, 2, Vita, or 3. And out of those 3 it is EASILY the best quality, but it was just too big (I hadn't even finished the minigame), and I didn't have the dedication. Who knows? Maybe I'll pick it up once this semester ends just to work on it a bit. I at least feel compelled to finish the minigame since it's getting close to being complete.

I know the community has really died off, but, I think there is something we can do to help. Like trying to reach out and inspire people to play LBP and starting a new generation. Or maybe trying to get a hold of Steven and telling him to do something, really reach out to the community. I love LBP and I don't want to let it go and die off. And dreams just isn't the same to me. Yeah, it's a lot less limited, but it just doesn't quite have that feel of style when creating. I like seeing a cute, cuddly creature that you can dress up and design it to look like you, or someone else. And I have so much knowledge with how logic works in create mode. If LBP really dies, all that knowledge would be useless.

Sackperson Private koltonaugust's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 369
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

They've mainly been showing things that are different than LBP in dreams though. From what I saw, the logic seems very similar, but focuses more on "analogue" signals. Also, I guarantee you there will be lots of costumes variations of the main characters in dreams. Plus, as a programmer, LBP logic is not useless. Teaches you a lot about 1's and 0's logic which is key to understanding computers on a base level. Add two's complement and register knowledge and you understand the basics of assembly (which granted is very niche now)

Sorry for going off topic of the contest (I've actually been thinking about looking at my level again), but needed to address people being sad about MM "ending" their LBP chapter. I promise you, this was the right move for the gameplay and marketing. LBP3 was basically attempting to do animations and 3D but failed because they stuck to the LBP1 and LBP2 engine (and different dev (I miss tarsier (little nightmares is too scary (I'm a wimp))and MM)). Worst case scenario - you miss sackboy and the textures from LBP, so you wait a week for all of those to be released in a collection :P

7. Thanks!

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

LBP's community didn't die off in my opinion. The community became smaller but it's the forums that don't have too much action anymore. Like the community pack Return to Carnivalia has roughly 17000 plays. That's still something.

While I like LBP's style too and Sackboy is one adorable fella, Dreams' customization options are so big and have so much potential.

Also, we in LittleBigForum are having a contest at the moment and we still do level picks. People still seem to join the contests and enjoy the picks we chose.

9. Thanks!

100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    gurren009

LBP3’s community, from what I’ve seen, is still very active. This is in part due to Sumo’s smart choice of putting LBP3 on the PS4, a console that won’t be dying anytime soon.

11. Thanks!

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

Yeah, the PS4 will have another 2-3 years I think.

Also, I think this is kind of offtopic now.

PSN
    gurren009

Quote Originally Posted by mdkd99 View Post
    Yeah, the PS4 will have another 2-3 years I think.

Also, I think this is kind of offtopic now.
    Nah, I think the PS4 version should go on for even longer. The community will be small, yeah. But still alive I think.

14. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2