BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Default Are LBP Forums, dead?

Seems every LBP forum I go to is pretty much inactive. This is pretty concerning

2. Thanks!

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,231
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Been very slow for quite some time. The fat lady hasn't sung yet, but she might be somewhere warming up. lol
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

Sackperson Private koltonaugust's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

It always seems that way, but I've never seen a thread not get a response within a couple of hours, so I'd say no. People just aren't creating threads as often.

German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 604
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

I would also say that they aren't dead...yet! And the patient will stay alive as long as my defibrilator is operational!

6. Thanks!

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    gurren009

Thanks for the replies guys! Yeah, LBP is probably not dead. There's definitely still some activity, even if it feels dead. I don't necessarily think it's "dead". It's more that time passed, people grew out of high school and headed to college and work, and people just have less time to play LBP then they used to. Also, people have gotten tired of playing LBP and want to play other games.

German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 604
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

I don't think that there are too little people playing LBP, team picked levels still get more than 10.000 plays. But I think that the new generation of players are more players than creators! When I started to play LBP in 2011 there was still a kind of hype and in the forums you found many people who experimented with the neww possibilities of LBP2 and everybody wanted to share his experiences with the communitiy, which gratefully seized new ideas and techniques. Gamer, which start to play LBP these days don't find such a kind of hype anymore. Beginner levels rarely get feedback, which encourages them to try more! To beginners the team picked levels must be unbelievable, even in 2011 team picked levels have been unbelievable,...but then we got help from a vivid and enthusiastic community.
    I don't think that we have too little players, but I think that today players have less aid to get familiar with all the possibilities of the LBP editor and so I think that the situation won't change anymore!
    ...but I think that with "Dreams" we will get a new hype and then we will get a new community which will find its way into forums again!

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 910
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

LBP is not dead, as long as good levels get published, reviewed by Waffleking, LSRS or me, team picked and of course played. The forums on the other hand aren't as popular anymore and it seems that nobody really has enough time to put out contests, level picks or something similar.

I don't think that Dreams will draw too much attention to the forums as LBP did, but it will revive the play/create/share franchise somewhat. We'll see in the future.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    gurren009

@CuriousSack - I totally agree! LBP is so much different from when I first played the game back in 2010. The popular creators who played LBP from like 2010 - 2015 are like all gone now. But it's nice to see this new generation of creators who are making stuff.

@mdkd99 Yeah I agree. Like jwwphotos said, it might be getting close, but it's not really dying. It's more just passing its legacy on to Dreams.

11. Thanks!