BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I personally prefer the forums and how structured they are.

Quote Originally Posted by koltonaugust View Post
    But will they come back to this site is a question. Personally I love this style of forum and the look is my favorite alongside the LBP music one (but I always forget which one that is). It seems more people prefer discord which I will NEVER understand. All it seems good for is announcements with the few channels. Seems messy to me.
    I think they will. LBP fans have a kink for coming back and banding together whenever some Media Molecule or LBP related news comes by. I mean, look at what happened with LBP3. Tons of old fans came back to the series around June 2014, when LBP3 was initially announced. Dreams will be just the same. All Media Molecule needs to do, IMO, is to make an appearance at the 2019 or 2020 E3 events. That way almost all the old fans will come back.

3. Thanks!

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

I think it's ironic how there is a lot of action in a thread called 'Are LBP forums dead?' It contradicts itself in a way. Just something I realised.

Anyway, I agree, fans came back to see what LBP3 looks like. Dreams is a totally different looking game though. I think a few people will come back to the site, but the golden time for forums seems to be over for the most part.

I was saddened to see this close the French LBP forums one after the other. Do not close this forum please! same if it should turn it into LBDREAMS forum.
    Last edited by Mouflarr56; 01-28-2019 at 09:13 AM.

My avatar it's my first drawing on LBP

https://lbp.me/u/mouflarr56/photos?p=1&l=12

6. Thanks!

7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

Forums are getting quiet nowadays. Especially the older ones. Go and visit DreamsVerse, there's some activity because of Dreams.

8. Thanks!

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouflarr56 View Post
    I was saddened to see this close the French LBP forums one after the other. Do not close this forum please! same if it should turn it into LBDREAMS forum.
    And don’t forget to come and test my levels because there aren’t many people visiting my planet ;p
    https://lbp.me/u/mouflarr56/levels?p=1&l=12
    Please, just post your levels in the level showcase. ... sort of sad offtopic advertising to stick it in here.

..and yes, this forum will go away at some point. Sorry, but all things must pass. Best bet is to join Dreamsverse where we are all heading.
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

Patch of Cloth
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 663
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    blackwiggle

The forums might of been considered dead by long time posters, but DREAMS has really got some serious interest, and anybody that is remotely interested in DREAMS will know it's VERY SIMILAR to LBP.

So where are they going to come ?.....HERE I suspect.....It's the BEST site for info

IMHO, I think this website will get the biggest traffic it has ever had come DREAMS release

I'll certainly will be directing people here, both via PSNPM's and via recommendations at other gaming forums.

Just get ready for the onslaught, are your severs up to it?

11. Thanks!

Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Please join Dreamsverse... We are not really going another round. Please read my other posts in this thread below.

http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...ite-Rebranding

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 637
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    olit123

Lots of people are also talking like this is the end of the LBP franchise. Which I honestly wouldn't put money on, Dreams is amazing but LBP still has things that Dreams does not. I wouldn't be surprised if a third party studio out there (regrettably probably sumo) is cooking something up.

Sackperson Private koltonaugust's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by koltonaugust; 02-07-2019 at 03:31 PM.

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by koltonaugust View Post
    "You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here!"
    Nice one...

LBP is definitely not dead. The forums are passing away, sure. But LBP3 itself is still filled with players. Also, Dreams hasn't come out yet, so must of the MM/LBP fanbase is still on LBP3.

I think that if the saga of LBP is not renewed in a good way, it will be declining even more the activity in the forums, also we must take into account a very embarrassing fact, that until today Sumo (sounds rude this but I am honest) has not taken charge of the multitude of errors in lbp3 that have existed since it was launched on the market.
    imagine if LBP3 would have been released to the market in the same impeccable way when LBP2 came out, surely today's level of activity would be completely different from what it is currently

18. Thanks!

PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

Some folks would still be around, true, but I also think many people just outgrew the series and have other things to do.

20. Thanks!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

No matter what.. it was going to slow down at some point. If that was now, or a year from now could be argued. I think I am past that and awaiting what Dreams has in store for us. ..and still fire up LBP to relive some old memories here and there.

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 983
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    poms

Quote Originally Posted by CCubbage View Post
    I felt compelled to post...…

It's been 10 years since I built my first levels. My son and I spent many hours playing this game together (he was 7 years old at the beginning... now he's in college). I've built a number of friendships. I've had an incredible amount of fun. I still pop out to LBP.me to watch people enjoying my creations.

LBP still rocks! Yes, its dying - but this is, in my opinion, still the greatest video game creation of all time.
    I totally agree with this post. LBP1 was a revolution, the best game ever... I've never had this feeling again, and I doubt I'll have it again.
    Lots of great memories playing with my little girl, wich is a teenager now... The other day, I found an old school work where she was asked for things she liked to do with her parents, She replied "I love playing LBP with my dad"

I would say I enjoyed LBP1 more than LBP2. In LBP2 I felt the pressure of being famous and creating turned into something serious due to creators getting jobs in games industry...

Let's see what Dreams has to offer!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2