BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mdkd99 View Post
    It's forums in general. Twitter is more attractive to people. The game itself still has roughly 14000-15000 plays, true, probably even more, but it was way more.

I have enough time, but unfortunately not a team or enough money probably to host a site like this.
    That's fine. You guys have done a great job over the years. Can't wait to play all the levels when they come out!

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 1,247
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gurren009 View Post
    I wouldn't say that personally. I just came on LBP3, and it's still populated with new levels. I would say that its not really the game itself, but rather this site that has lost its popularity. If there was a way we could get more people to come on this site (for LBP3), then this site would be way more active.
    I agree 100% and I am probably the one you can blame at the moment. However, with all the things needed to make this site thrive, it takes quite a bit of work to make it happen and sadly I have no time for that. My job is horribly demanding and my free time is very limited due to all the other stuff I do in my receding spare time. I have enjoyed running the site for all this time, but in my efforts to pass the baton, no one seems interested.

I have had many suggestions on rebranding the site, doing this, doing that... but again, all that takes time and as much as I wish I had done some of those things, that is more spare time I really don't have.

It takes a bit of $$, a bit of techy knowhow, and quite a bit of effort to keep it moving, and with the amount of traffic we have the past year or so, besides the amount of upgrades I would need to do "under the hood" so to speak, to keep this all alive... the 10 anniversary seemed like a great time to maybe wrap this all up and move to the next venue. I feel that Dreams will be coming very soon and the natural progression of this site is to move out of the way and all of us join Dreamsverse. Why reinvent the wheel when the LBPC of Dreams is at Dreamsverse, with many of our friends already there?

Keep in mind that I don't take this decision at all lightly... and why I want this contest to be so cool. However, I would like to go back to the topic at hand being this contest rather than wax on about why this is probably the last contest on this site.

..if you would like to discuss it with me, do it on another thread or just send me a PM. I think we have more than enough threads on LBP and LBPC fading away at the moment.
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 612
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

I've seen one entry so far. We'll see how many will join until the end of 2018.

I don't have too much knowledge outside of LBP, I have a small, limited budget and my internet connection is not always the best, but I definitely want to support this site. At least until it's really time.

Sackperson Private koltonaugust's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 630
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

I'm working on mine. Worst case, I pull a simple platformer together in 2 days if I'm falling too far behind.
    Last edited by koltonaugust; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:15 PM.

7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

Well, anything goes. Go crazy, mate!

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewKeyholder of Imagination L-I-M-I's Avatar
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 600
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Created Blog entry
    PSN
    L-I-M-I
    Blog Entries

I have an idea I’ve always wanted to do in lbp. Going to work on it a bit this weekend and cross my fingers I can finish before he deadline.

I have an avatar, it's just you can't see it cause your screen is dirty.......

I has levels!
    Stealing Sound .............................http://lbp.me/v/j5pb0y
    Ordinary Joe ......................................http://lbp.me/v/fgjzb1
    Sacks-Off, Dance-Off ................................http://lbp.me/v/jbb24n
    The Very Hungry Caterpillar..............................http://lbp.me/v/gg-xt7
    Merry Thanksgivoween Arcadium Explodaganza......http://lbp.me/v/g3gmwr

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 1,247
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Me likey
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

8. Thanks!

PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

Just to let you know: Shared the contest again and it was retweeted by the official LBP account. Have fun creating!

Dat Role-Playing Dude Rpg Maker's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points Created Blog entry Your First Group 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Xyphas
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mdkd99 View Post
    I've seen one entry so far. We'll see how many will join until the end of 2018.
    I am guessing most entries will come mid December or later. There are a lot of holidays with the timeline of this contest.

PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

That could be how it plays out

12. Thanks!

I will be posting an LBP.me link pretty soon, but even if you don't get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place will LBP Central leave feedback?

7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Created Blog entry
    PSN
    L-I-M-I
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ECHOSTAR3 View Post
    I will be posting an LBP.me link pretty soon, but even if you don't get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place will LBP Central leave feedback?
    awesome, can't wait to play it!

I has levels!

Sackperson Private koltonaugust's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 630
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

I don't think in the past LBP contests they leave feedback for any of the levels. I wouldn't expect it especially in this contest since the levels will probably be so different! I recommend posting your level in the level showcase and asking someone to review it there.

PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

The crew will play all the levels. You shouldn't expect a review from every crew member, but I personally will leave a review in LBP3.

LBPC Contest CrewRoyal High Alchemist Pookachoo's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,143
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered Created Album pictures 30 days registered 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Pookachoo
    Blog Entries

I generally don’t leave reviews when I’m playing as a judge, however if anyone specifically wants a review, I would leave one after the contest in finished

Alright, thanks for answering my question!

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by L-I-M-I View Post
    awesome, can't wait to play it!
    Thanks for the support

- - - - - - - - - -

Alright here's my level submission. It didn't re-upload it or anything, I just had to edit the name to say "(platformer)" at the end.

https://lbp.me/v/q3p0vvn/activity

- - - - - - - - - -

Hello, sorry I'm new here, and I have a question. I had recently uploaded my submission for this contest in this thread. I saw that one of the rules for this, was that you cannot submit a level that had been published before. Right after I published my level, I had added something into the title name, but after I did that it said that I had republished it. This is a completely new level of mine. Will this level submission still work for the contest?
    Last edited by ECHOSTAR3; 4 Days Ago at 03:36 AM.

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewLBPCentral Spotlight Crew fireblitz95's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 902
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    fireblitz95
    Blog Entries

Hello, sorry I'm new here, and I have a question. I had recently uploaded my submission for this contest in this thread. I saw that one of the rules for this, was that you cannot submit a level that had been published before. Right after I published my level, I had added something into the title name, but after I did that it said that I had republished it. This is a completely new level of mine. Will this level submission still work for the contest?
    Don’t worry, it still counts.
    You’re able to edit/rename the level all you want until after the deadline.

"Stay positive, have fun, and enjoy yourself.
    Together, as a community, we will reach our goals."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also follow me on Twitter, @fireblitz95

PSN
    L-I-M-I
    Blog Entries

Queued and since I am not a judge, but a hopeful competitor I will try to review it

I has levels!

I'm sorry if all of my questions are getting annoying, I'm new here, and I don't mean to abuse this thread in any way. My question is different. One time I went into a dive in, in LBP3. The host was playing a glitch dlc level. At the score board I got a lot of dlc. I thought it was fake, and I never would intentionally play these levels, and I would never use that dlc that I haven't paid for, or earned. I saw this question earlier. "Q: What if the winner already has the crown? A: The 2nd place might get it." One of the glitch dlc's was the crown, and the cap. I can't use it, not only because I don't want to, but I have no real access to it because I have never downloaded the dlc. It's just idle in my poppit. If I get any of these winner places, will I end up having access to the same item that has been in my poppit? I assume so right? I still have never been able to use it anyway. By the way, I have never hacked, or abused Littlebigplanet. Please answer my question, thank you

22. Thanks!

PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

I personally would delete the items you don't have access to, to make sure LBP3 doesn't cause weird bugs.

Anyway, if you win you'll get the crown/cap. You just get access to the items if you already have them in the popit.
    Continue creating!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast