BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Default Is this Forum dead?

So I use to check this regularly when it was the "LittleBigPlanet" days, back when it was popular but never use to post much just read through posts but is this forum pretty much dead with the games? & do you guys think with Dreams coming out soon it might have the same feeling as LBP did? & get some of the old LBP players back into it?

2. Thanks!

Pretty much. There was a period where this site was done for like a year and combined with LittleBigplanet 3 not being as big as the first 2 in general and now being a dying series, well, the writing was on the wall.

Jww is pretty much keeping the site up for nostalgia purposes at this point I reckon. He's already acknowledged dreamsverse as the successor site for dreams, so yeah, if you want to try and recapture the magic of the good old days sign up there.

This statement is true.

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,885
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

What Rock said.
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

LBP kind of died off in LBP2 tbh. LBP3 was meant to carry the fandom, but it was pretty obvious that Media Molecule was moving on to other things at that point.

6. Thanks!

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 369
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

It's always interesting to see that these threads have the most attention next to forum games. LBP isn't dead, buf the glory days are over. I personally would just play the game as long as I want without worrying if the community is still in high numbers.

Nope! It's Chuck Testa Gilgamesh's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Jirugameshi
    Blog Entries

LittleBigPlanet Central will never die

Midnight Revenge

SackMech II
    Training

SackMech I
    Trailer | Mission 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Hahaha, no it won't die,...in our hearts! But I think it has deserved a peaceful retirement!

10. Thanks!

You can't say dead! It's just...uhh...sleeping.

And holy carp most of here joined this site about a decade ago.

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Hey Warlord!!

..and yeah, we are just getting ready for a bit of hibernation is all. Be sure and join Dreamsverse!!

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 762
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    olit123

But Dreamsverse is uuuuugly

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Nothing a bit of fine tuning can't fix.

15. Thanks!

Sackperson Sergeant Lord-Dreamerz's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Blog Entries

Yea I would count this forum as kinda dead AKA a zombie if you compare it to other gaming forums in general. I've been on enough gaming forums over-time to know what a healthy active forum looks like. Even the Sonic forum I been on for many years is still a very active forum with 100s of members logging on everyday and dozens of members posting multiple times everyday... This forum isn't completely dead I'd agree... but it is a ghost town with around roughly dozen stragglers remaining and is absolutely nothing like it was a few years ago. None of my friends really come here anymore so I don't either often... Luckily few of my good friends from here are on Twitter where we chat still... I do miss some old faces tho who disappeared altogether and i've not seen them in years.
    ~Lets go on a fantastic ADVENTURE!~

Here is a little graph showing posts per month of LBPCentral since beginning in 2007:

Higher Resolution:
    https://lbp-hub.com/downloads/LBPCstatistics_big.png

Maximum was August 2010 with 40292 public posts in one month...

LBP-HUB.com: LittleBigPlanet news, statistics, signatures, music, wiki and more...

PSN
    Jirugameshi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hanfi1311 View Post
    Here is a little graph showing posts per month of LBPCentral since beginning in 2007:
    Very little enthusiasm for LBP3 it looks like. Or maybe everyone had gone off to post in another forum/subreddit/discord.

Kind of curious now how the number of published levels compares between LBP1, 2 and 3.

Midnight Revenge

SackMech II
    Training

SackMech I

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Hmmm... really interesting question. Wonder if you can filter it out on lbp.me to find that?

PSN
    Jirugameshi
    Blog Entries

I couldn't find a way to get that info out of lbp.me, just that there are ~10.5 million lbp levels (which I'm assuming is for all titles).

There was an old tweet by Mm when it reached 6 million levels in 2012, saying that 2.5 million levels had been added since lbp2's release in 2011, so at the very least that says that there were 3.5 million lbp1 levels, followed by 2.5 million lbp1or2 levels.

A year after, it reached 8 million, and this was still before lbp3 release, so comparing with the current data, that gives 3.5 million lbp1 levels, followed by 4.5 million lbp1or2 levels, followed by 2.5 million lbp1or2or3 levels.

And that's about as much math as I was able to get out of it.
    Last edited by Gilgamesh; 1 Week Ago at 01:46 AM. Reason: Messed up the math a bit

Midnight Revenge

SackMech II
    Training

SackMech I

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 369
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

Ironic that this thread comes up even though there was a contest with a bit of input by the community.

I feel like forums in general are getting a bit unpopular. There's twitter, Discord and Reddit. Forums just look a bit outdated I guess? And LBP3 wasn't as good and polished so it ended up getting a few people away from LBP. But that's just my guess.

The best days are over, but it ain't dead yet. Enjoy the time and look back happily I guess.