BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Default How do we revive LBP?

I haven't played LBP for a while since December of last year. I have noticed that LBP is becoming even less popular as time goes on

That has gotten me thinking of a very important question... How do we revive (as a community) Little Big Planet? Take note that Media Molecule is currently working on dreams and LBP hasn't really gotten much updates, just the same as I have seen. Please correct me in I am wrong 'cuz I haven't been on LBP sice December last year 'cuz I'm gonna have to buy LBP 3 for my PS4 soon enough so I can come back and chec on LBP. By the way, I haven't been on LBPC since ages and it feels good to be back

I only came up with only one solution, and that is just having someone to collect housands upon thousands of signatures (thousands to "potentially" have Media Molecule or Sumo Digital .etc. to recognise LBP) and have the signatures in a very famous account or signatures on a level be sent to an account that is popular and the user has a crown and some team picks (like StevenI or... I dont know, you choose XD)

And yes.. please forgive me, I used to be weird and an annoying beggar since ages ago and now I'm a completely different yet still positive person and will no longer confuse anyone with difficult words

2. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure LBP's glory days are long behind us. MM has focused on their new IP the past 4-5 years and I just don't see them coming back to the LBP franchise even for the next-gen console; as you can tell by this forum I just don't think the demand is there.

I saw an infographic of LBPC's popularity in terms of volume of posts in another thread and it's abundantly clear that we are now past this series' prime (by nearly 9 years). I think both LBP and LBP2 were fantastic games that naturally formed a tight-knit community simply due to the nature of the creative side of the game. When you paired that with the internet's love for html forums a decade ago, you got this wonderful place. I've never been too well-versed in gaming communities and how popular forums are in 2019, but nowadays I feel like I can get everything I need from Twitter and Reddit and don't have the need to come to a specific forum for a game. Always gonna miss coming here every day after school, though. Definitely some of my favorite memories!

Hey, feel free to follow me on Twitter @DominationMags Add me on PSN: DominationMags Steam, psn_dominationmags anddddd League of Legends, MagsTM!

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

At some point you have to realize we are joining an ever growing smaller group that could someday resemble Elvis impersonator tours, old drive ins with servers on roller skate, or gas stations with attendants that pump your gas. It was a lovely time, but all things must pass.
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

I think you're probably right jww, but I'm holding out hope.

I recently was able to record footage on my PS3 and have since returned to the LBP games in full swing, going through LBP1 and 2 and am now making content within LBP3 once more. I have been playing the games now for almost a decade and I'm still in love with them. I've recently published a level, and become more active on the last message boards the game has left.

With Dreams rising in popularity everyday, I still find myself coming back to LBP as I still prefer its systems to Dreams (although it is still in Early Access, so this may change).

Partly the reason why LBP's activity has dropped so much is because people moved on, community fan-sites have shut down, and so, all talk on the game has diminished. I wish this wasn't the case.

I ask myself, "What would happen if another LBP game released? Would these sites reopen? Would we suddenly see another influx of players and returning players pick up the game?"

I hope that LBP3 picks up activity again. It's timeless, and I feel it should definitely remain supported. Thousands of people still play the game, and it really was the fan-site community that kept it's flame going.

I hope LBPs spark never dies

6. Thanks!

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Make sure you join the other forums such as Dreamsverse as this one will be heading in that direction. I don't mind keeping the doors open for a time, but at some point it will stop and only be found on archives.
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

Quote Originally Posted by jwwphotos View Post
    Make sure you join the other forums such as Dreamsverse as this one will be heading in that direction. I don't mind keeping the doors open for a time, but at some point it will stop and only be found on archives.
    Well, it was a great ride. I and many people have shared a lot of memories on this site. I'm really grateful to you and all the mods for doing your best to keep this site strong all these years. It is sad to see LBPC go. But I think it might be time for us old farts to move on, haha.

9. Thanks!

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewLBPCentral Spotlight Crew biorogue's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 1,031
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    jester946
    Blog Entries

I know that it's inevitable but dang,.....I just miss everybody. I've been with this site for 10 1/2 years. It's crazy to think it's been that long.

Follow me on the twitterz @bioswoop

I think it says a lot that this thread seems to have turned into a eulogy for LBP (at least, it does to me, haha).

And honestly, I see why.

I haven't played LBP in almost a year, I've not looked at the forums much (Well, I still check into Sackinima every now and then, lol). I was kind of late to the party with this forum, tbh. I mean, I've been lurking for years, looking at all the cool stuff people where doing/making here, but I only actually joined relatively recently, and it honestly feels like I joined too late. Tbh, I haven't even played Dreams that much (Life is all over the place yo).

I do hope the LBP spark never dies, but man, It's not looking good. but I'm at least glad I was there for it.

"Don't be sad it's all over, be glad that it happened" and all that.

12. Thanks!