BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Default Possible Future Contests?

Hey there folks, Vertigo here.

Just wanted to throw a question out there today about LBPC and the future for site contests.

I'm well aware that LBPC16 was labled as "the final contest", which was very sad to see, and I'm gutted I wasn't around to partake.

I feel contests are a great way to keep the community going and keep some spirit within LBP3, so...

Are there any plans on running contests in the future on LBPC?

It's a sad reality, but this fan site is the last one left in existence that has a pin in-game. Even if the contests were small little challenges that offered a pin or a cap, I feel it could just give the site and the wider community that extra bit of activity.

Just a small question, I appreciate any replies.

Cheers!

2. Thanks!

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewLBPCentral Spotlight Crew fireblitz95's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,322
    Overall activity: 0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    fireblitz95
    Blog Entries

Working in the contest crew was a ton of fun, I wouldn’t mind keep doing it. Honestly, I have so many fond memories with that and the terrific friends I’ve made through the spotlight crew! Though, it’s really not my decision.

I feel like the only hope that ANY remaining fan site forums would possibly have would be a new LBP game.. even that doesn’t mean that people will simply flock back to old forums that may not even exist anymore.

All in all, we’ll just have to wait and see what the future brings, fingers crossed!

"Stay positive, have fun, and enjoy yourself.
    Together, as a community, we will reach our goals."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also follow me on Twitter, @fireblitz95

4. Thanks!

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Any site can run whatever contest they want. I just doubt there is much interest at this point. We have such little traffic and to be honest, I just made the last payment for this site. I have happily paid for it the last many years and I just don't wish to continue paying for it any longer, nor do I wish to do all the upgrades needed to keep it running. Yup.. it is that time.

I also don't see the traffic nor do I see the people needed to run, judge and participate in such a contest.

You may prove me wrong of course, but I suggest Dreamsverse for that and wish you all the best.
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

It was fun while it lasted. When will this site cease?

Ah... oh well.
    This is the nature of fan-sites. I enjoyed the fun times, y'all.
    I'll see whichever of you migrate to Dreams fansites. Or at the very least, on Twitter (that's where I go now-a-days).

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 572
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

I'm for it, I have enough free time as a site member.

However other site members have way too less time and there really wouldn't be too many entries for such a contest. Earlier there were like 100 entries for a contest, the last one had like 10-20ish (I don't quite remember it tbh).

So yeah, I have enough time, but others don't and it wouldn't be worth it to me personally. Also, Big F in the chat. Thanks for keeping LBPC online for this long, JWW. I want to see you in Dreams, mate.