BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewLBPCentral Spotlight Crew biorogue's Avatar
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 955
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    jester946
    Blog Entries

Default Sackboy A Big Adventure

What do you think about the new Sumo game announced for PS5, Sackboy A Big Adventure? From the reveal, doesn't look like there will be a create mode. Looks like a sort of Yooka Laylee type platformer game, which I guess I'm ok with? Looks interesting and fun!

Follow me on the twitterz @bioswoop

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Might be fun for old times sake. No create mode is a bit wonky, but I guess what Dreams is for.
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

Sackperson Sergeant Lord-Dreamerz's Avatar
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 750
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Blog Entries

This spinoff game is a wait and see kinda deal for me personally. Everybody & me included doubt it will have a create-mode... you know that thing which is pretty much the whole point behind the LBP franchise? Yup we all know it, without it... there is nothing left but a somewhat generic adventure platformer game about a toy world full of crafted citizens.

Perhaps it will be a decent game I will agree, especially if you look at it in a void & ignore the other LBP games exist... But even comparing it to other 3D adventure games this spinoff will have some tough competition... For example Crash Bandicoot-4 or PS5-Ratchet & Clank both have far more awesome characters & exciting looking gameplay. On the other-hand no matter how much Sony wishes LBP was Mario... it just isn't remotely the same thing and shouldn't try to be! The sackdoll avatar really isn't and shouldn't be treated as it's own independent character instead of being merely the blank slate customizable plushy avatar it was meant to be. As a result this doesn't make sack-folk interesting as characters alone outside of user creation type games where even customizing them into unique characters has more of a point.
    Last edited by Lord-Dreamerz; 06-24-2020 at 06:56 PM.
    ~Lets go on a fantastic ADVENTURE!~

4. Thanks!

Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

What he said ^^

I know this is kind of late but I think I'll go ahead and share my thoughts. I'm really looking forward to this game. As much as I appreciate Dreams allowing 3D creation, there's something about a fully 3D LBP-themed game that always interested me. Honestly, I remember in my younger days all I would do is use the 3D camera to create levels lol. So I'm really looking forward to how they will implement full 3D and create an enjoyable and captivating experience. I just hope that they really take the time to flesh this game out fully and BETA test it. At least that way a lot of the glitches can be sorted out before it releases. My last reason for why I'm looking forward to this is really just that it has sackboy lol. I mean, just knowing that I can play with my sackboys and girls really gives me a sense of nostalgia from childhood lol. There's something about the LittleBigPlanet franchise that has created a sense of wonder/dream-likeness/adventure that really makes it unique. Overall, I can't wait for this game to come out!

7. Thanks!

Looking forward to this,Hate it's a spin-off but hoping it turns out good,really wished it had create mode,Hopefully this does well and will see lbp4 in a not so distant future ^_^.

Journey Rebirth 2 was included in LBPC Community Spotlight Episode 120 9/13/13

Journey Rebirth 2 was included in LBN PICKS 21 9/22/13

9. Thanks!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Wish I didn't have to buy a PS5 to play it. lol I hardly got much use out of the PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by jwwphotos View Post
    Wish I didn't have to buy a PS5 to play it. lol I hardly got much use out of the PS4.
    You’re in luck, it also has a PS4 release. I already preordered the PS4 special edition, it comes with a cute Sackboy plush!

"Stay positive, have fun, and enjoy yourself.
    Together, as a community, we will reach our goals."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also follow me on Twitter, @fireblitz95

12. Thanks!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

No kiddin!? Nice! Thanks for the info.

Makes me sad, that there will be no online multiplayer at the beginning, but will be added at the end of the year...

Link:
    https://blog.playstation.com/2020/11...ter-this-year/

Edit:
    Why is this thread in the dreams section, jww, maybe you can move the thread or my post somewhere else?
    Last edited by Hanfi1311; 11-07-2020 at 07:14 PM.

LBP-HUB.com: LittleBigPlanet news, music, wiki and more...

15. Thanks!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Moved!

Actually a bit amazed it will be multiplayer at all. Adding it later concerns me more and I suspect PS4 will not be able to join PS5 players?

There will be crossplay between PS4 and PS5...

18. Thanks!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Too bad they never did that for LPB3 between the PS3 and PS4. Kinda killed it.

Really great game, like it, its like a mix of LBP, Tearaway and Crash Bandi...
    Played about 20 levels now, not very hard, but you need much time collecting all prizes...

Be careful, save your profile, had a crash with bluescreen, told me, data corrupted, but after restart all is fine, nothing lost...

21. Thanks!

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewLBPCentral Spotlight Crew biorogue's Avatar
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 955
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    jester946
    Blog Entries

Can't wait to play it! The more I see about it, the more I want it.

Follow me on the twitterz @bioswoop