BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default My Sketchbook - Finished Requests in first post :D

This is my sketchbook..... not that its full of sketches. I'm working on learning to use Photoshop along with some other digital painting apps over the summer... but I'm still a lot more comfortable with real media. So I'll post most of the stuff worth posting here
    I'm thinking of setting up a blog, just to keep track of my progress. I dunno how many of you guys use Blogger or check blogs and such....... I sure don't, but I'll post a link once I've set it up.

Taking Requests (be imaginitive!)

Requests to come
    [SPOILER]
    • Moleynator - Mole of some sorts
    • Yarbone - Minigun toting Sackboy
    • Luckyshot - Gangster character

[/SPOILER]

Finished Requests
    [SPOILER]
    Formula 1 car requested by IronmaidenFan

Zombie Monkey requested by Moleynator

[/SPOILER]

Original OP
    [SPOILER]
    Right so... I finally got around to taking some shots of my more recent drawings.

Just thought I'd post a few, and see what people make of them. If you want to use them ASK ME, and I'll be happy to let you unleash your sig/avatar skillz upon them.

Also, If anyone has something they want me to draw, I might just draw it. If its crazy enough. So aim requests here!

and yes... this is what I do instead of learning at school

Bears are great

Just some random character designs

Anyone seen Evil Dead 2??

So if people are interested.. I'll post more. I'm gonna scan the rest in, cause some of these are slightly out of focus, cause of bad lighting [/SPOILER]
    Last edited by Pitcard; 07-29-2009 at 02:15 AM.
    Animal Zoo>>>
    Latest showcase! - Making Music in the Midnight Kitchen
    My Sketchbook (gimme yur requests and I'll draw them)

you definitely have a really cool style. And that's what I did instead of learning at school. And now I'm a graphic designer and write comic books. So what's the moral of that story? lol.

Hehe... Yeah I really couldn't see myself working in an office. Making money out of what I love doing would be too sweet

I took a bunch of pics of 3D stuff I did from art class cause I'm preparing a portfolio... most of its from 3 years ago. So I'll post them up next time.
    Animal Zoo>>>

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Marklin80

*mouth hangs open*
    Those are superb, and because they only are sketches multiply that with two...
    Watching these makes me feel bad about my drawing skills, i wish i had such a cool style.. and that i could draw using only lines like that...
    You should upload more pics (like you promise in the title ), you even have some already scanned and uploaded drawings in your profile, so get going and upload!
    I'm also really excited to see that 3d work of yours.

This thread definitely deserves much more attention.
    /Bump

5. Thanks!

Wow cheers marklin!

Ye I love drawing with just about anything, just quick sketches from the top of my head.
    Most of this stuff is just done with a biro on my school notes.

You have no reason to feel bad about your art! Its really great, and I can definitely see it devoloping and improving. I've never really felt that I have a distinct style... but since you say so, it leads me to think that you probably wouldn't notice your own drawing style because its natural to yourself.

I can see a style coming along in your own drawings, and don't worry, it'll all come together with practice. I think drawing real things is 100 times better than copying other drawings, but you can learn a lot from comics and manga.

I will be adding some soon K?

Also I saw your Escher reference of the Drawing hands! Escher is a genius I based a 3D puppet on his Curl-Up creatures. You'll see when I upload it.
    Animal Zoo>>>

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    i_am_superBlast
    Blog Entries

cool pics. i really like the bears.

do you mind if i put stuff of mine up? even though it says your sketchbook. i like drawing comics but i'm not too good at drawing (especially compared to you or most people) but still like to though. so whatever i put up will be short comics.
    My levels:
    Epic journey part 1 ,Epic journey part 2-> the legend of the wizard (epic journey),Hanging coaster,weed killer,survival challenge- wheel of spinning,DB Dart Shooter- Mini Game

7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Marklin80

Why don't you put them in a thread of your own =P.
    Also I saw your Escher reference of the Drawing hands! Escher is a genius I based a 3D puppet on his Curl-Up creatures. You'll see when I upload it.
    Curl-up creatures!
    I agree that escher is a genious, i had an assignment in school where i was supposed to draw something inspired from his work and in the beginning i wanted to make some optical illusions or tesselations such, but when i looked through all of his work i realized that that would be extremely complicated to do... And I still can't understand how he was able to.

BTW: i'm still waiting on the update

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    i_am_superBlast
    Blog Entries

i can put em in a thread? where?
    My levels:
    Epic journey part 1 ,Epic journey part 2-> the legend of the wizard (epic journey),Hanging coaster,weed killer,survival challenge- wheel of spinning,DB Dart Shooter- Mini Game

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 330
    PSN
    AlexWF1

Quote Originally Posted by Marklin80 View Post
    Why don't you put them in a thread of your own =P.

I agree that escher is a genious,

that would be genius, genius LOL i haz epic winz!!!!!! but yeah, your sketches rule, do more!

EG.HuK | EG.IdrA | EG.JYP | EG.DeMuslim

EG FIGHTING!

SlayerS MMA | dignitas.SeleCT | Empire.Kas

'Senna não morreu, porque os deuses não morrem'

KKKKK

Thanks guys, now that more people are actually interested I feel obliged to post more. Tomorrow I'll have some stuff up. I'll check yur thread ir0nmaiden when its up!
    Animal Zoo>>>

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 330
    PSN
    AlexWF1

lol i am having a thread now? okk =] actually i ahve one, it is just not very good XD

EG.HuK | EG.IdrA | EG.JYP | EG.DeMuslim

EG FIGHTING!

SlayerS MMA | dignitas.SeleCT | Empire.Kas

'Senna não morreu, porque os deuses não morrem'

PSN
    Marklin80

It has gone more than one day now =P.

Default Update ¬_@

Sorry you had to wait so long. Been busy polishing my new level

This is all stuff done in art class, over the years.

A puppet kinda based on Eschers Curl-Up. I originally wanted to make a moving model, but was told to make it original. From 3 years ago.

Wall Mural me and some friends did in school. Its based on the evolution of man........ to robot

This kinda illustrates a stage when technology develops faster than we can cope with. It takes over and we all become flying R0807z

Where it all began =_=

Did this last year.. just a small plaster carving.

Front of it.

This is the most recent out of these. From about 2 months ago! Its a puppet!
    Animal Zoo>>>

dood... i totally love the wall painting thing...

I mean... It's REALLY amazing!
    You want a good Sig and/or Avatar? Visit this thread to post a request.
    'I'm afraid you have a serious mental problem. The trouble originates in this region, that we in the medical profession refer to as...the Brain!'
    Uhm.. .yeah, i've pretty much gone inactive now :/

Thanks yarbone! Me and my mates who helped me really hate looking at it now though........ its been there for 2 years and we did the men too pink! They look like LOBSTER PEOPLE!!!
    Animal Zoo>>>

O_o... I still like it :3
    You want a good Sig and/or Avatar? Visit this thread to post a request.
    'I'm afraid you have a serious mental problem. The trouble originates in this region, that we in the medical profession refer to as...the Brain!'
    Uhm.. .yeah, i've pretty much gone inactive now :/

PSN
    Marklin80

O.o
    Those are really cool!
    Though i must say that i got a little disappointed by the curl up creature, it doesn't seem to be able to curl itself together =P.
    Are you in some kind of art oriented high school of college? That they let you work with so many different things is pretty cool.

Yeah I was disappointed that I couldn't just make a working model. But I had to come up with a more original design, so I just merged it with a rabbit. Its kinda cool, cause its made out of car body filler. Its really heavy

I'm in a really small school with barely any facilities... but our art teacher is so sound, and we have a great art room. I'll post more sketches next time though. I haven't done much 3D other than that.
    Animal Zoo>>>

PSN
    Marklin80

I wish my school had an art teacher like that... The one we currently have is probably the worst teacher i've ever had .
    To make it even worse we have a super ambitious music teacher which let us do whatever we want, but i hate music as a subject...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast